Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What an absolute joke

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Doesn't the ref stop his watch during the celebrations? The time added on was probably fair.

As much as I would like to blame the ref, we gave the game away today, once we score we need to clear our heads and reset.

I feared the worst when they had the corner tbh.

This really isn't complicated. If there are 30 seconds left when we score then 30 seconds need to be added once the game has restarted. No more no less.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I think you have called that completely wrong. The general buzz was that 'finally' they are doing VAR properly.

Also if you think that was a sucked-dry game today, maybe you might think about following another spor? ???.

Snooker is nice, so I'm told :thumbsup:

We will play worse than that and win this season which is a comfort. Final whistles aren't final anymore thanks to the magic of VAR. You were told right snooker can be thrilling at times.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So much discussion - does anyone actually know what the ruling is?

Can play be brought back by VAR after the final whistle has gone? This is all that matters, and should be the basis for any appeal or not.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Other than the offside for their goal, the 2 fouls on Dunk for their goal, the nonsense foul on De Gea, not booking Fernandes for our penalty, booking White for no contact, not giving us a blatant corner and adding way way way more time than he should at the end - nothing at all.

you missed shaws dive for the free kick that got their equaliser and then the waving away of 2 penalties at their end for similar contact ....the ref was a ****ing disgrace , sure impartial fans will come on here and go lolololol look at these ***** having a melt down but **** 'em , i have lost all respect for the league , united and kavanagh......****ing rorted .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Grow up everyone. We lost because we gave a penalty away before the ref blew for full time. It was a penalty. Why had we left Maguire on his own for a final seconds corner. Talk of appealing and blaming the ref is embarrassing.

So you think they should play extra time when the time is up? We have every right to feel aggrieved. Every pundit is saying the same - it’s a hard one to take, so our forum NSC is a good place to let our frustrations out. Stop patronising our fans.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I didnt see our second goal, but as a matter of interest, after we scored, does anyone know how long our players celebrated the goal until Utd kicked off again? I am not looking for loopholes, just interested, I will see it tonight on MoD I'm sure........overall I am totally gutted but on the positive side we played really well against a top 6 side!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Dunk should have led the team off as final whistle had gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So much discussion - does anyone actually know what the ruling is?

Can play be brought back by VAR after the final whistle has gone? This is all that matters, and should be the basis for any appeal or not.

I thought the whistle meant the end of the game. But a poster on here said that’s not true. And BT comm said in analyses the whistle going is irrelevant. Would like to know though...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Grow up everyone. We lost because we gave a penalty away before the ref blew for full time. It was a penalty. Why had we left Maguire on his own for a final seconds corner. Talk of appealing and blaming the ref is embarrassing.

We gave away a penalty ~60 seconds after the ref should have blown for full time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Doesn't the ref stop his watch during the celebrations? The time added on was probably fair.

As much as I would like to blame the ref, we gave the game away today, once we score we need to clear our heads and reset.

I feared the worst when they had the corner tbh.

There were 25 seconds left when United scored. The ref allowed an extra two mins, and let them take the corner when time was clearly up.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's handball. Time has gone, Gross is flattened off the ball. If they are going to retrospectively look at the handball then they have to look at the whole move. Connolly played for a pen both times but that doesn't mean it's not one....

I tell you one thing though two of last seasons top four have come here and both have been very lucky to win. Keep playing like that and we are going to have the best season in our history.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can’t believe I have witnessed arguably one of the finest Albion performances to be denied by JOKE refereeing.:shrug:

Incidentally, I take it you didn't see the 83-4 cup funal :shrug:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As frustrating at this is, I think we only have ourselves to blame.

We dominated the game and should have put it to bed, but kept hitting the post.

Each time we scored, we lost focus and conceded again shortly after.

We dominated play, had more shots on target.

The match was in our hands and it is frustrating we could not win it against a very ordinary Man Utd side.

Exactly this, but add several minor little things that all went red instead of 50/50 blue . . . . It's always the big boy who are expected to win and therefore tend to get the rub of the 50/50 decisions.

GP was remarkably composed in the post match interview, and OGS said we got away with one, here's hoping we bounce back . . . . Play like that against half the premiership and we'll tear them a new one it could have easily been 6-3

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apparently the game can not be restarted after the ref has signalled the end of a half AND EVERYONE HAS LEFT THE FIELD OF PLAY. We hadn’t left the field. Should’ve legged it.

That’ll be that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here