Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What an absolute joke

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Radio said as he blew for full time (under current rules) he shouldn't have brought back play for the pen. Anyone know whether this is true?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
An appeal will never change the result? so whats the point?

If the rules show the ref blowing final whistle ended the game, then it would be changed to 2-2, surely?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Why do Man U have a corner in the 97th minute when there’s meant to be 5 minutes injury time??

This.
Where did the extra injury time come from? 7 minutes was it?

REALLY PROUD OF THE LADS.

Solly March was outstanding. Trossard unlucky.
Hopefully Lallana's experience can help in the dressing room, because today we had one of our strongest performances and should have come away with something.

OGS got himself a very lucky result indeed...

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
March scored with 30 seconds remaining. The ref added an extra two minutes. Why?????
It was probably because Man U were attacking and the ref was waiting for the ball to be a neutral area to blow. Any other team (not including the other top 3-4 team) he would have blown much earlier, imo.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
So you think they should play extra time when the time is up? We have every right to feel aggrieved. Every pundit is saying the same - it’s a hard one to take, so our forum NSC is a good place to let our frustrations out. Stop patronising our fans.

Or maybe you should ask why Maguire has a free header from a corner in the last seconds? The game is live until the whistle is blown and it was a MINIMUM of 5 mins of injury time. As frustrating as this is we threw the game away!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If the rules show the ref blowing final whistle ended the game, then it would be changed to 2-2, surely?

Yep - although [MENTION=17583]The Camel[/MENTION]el says play returns to that incident. Please do send the link to the rule though. Not doubting you, just want it cleared up camel...?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The Pen was clear and fair. The joke is our lack of a quality striker.

And inability to hold a lead. The broadcasters are still replaying our goal when we typically concede one, that’s how soon after it typically is. That’s a big worry, had enough of it now. Potter and Dunk need to fix that bloody quickly.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Or maybe you should ask why Maguire has a free header from a corner in the last seconds? The game is live until the whistle is blown and it was a MINIMUM of 5 mins of injury time. As frustrating as this is we threw the game away!

Precisely. Also people are ignoring that had we scored in the 99th minute or for that matter, the 102nd or whenever, then WE would win the game. Until the Ref blows and the game is over...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yes it was poor defending but at the same time you have to understand our frustrations. I could literally moan about so many things. Let people let off steam. And if the rule is that when the game has ended you can’t restart it, we should appeal the result is 2-2 (and will/would). No brainer.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
8C3F8DFF-C230-4AEE-92CC-9AD7F1D7BC83.jpeg

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Yes it was poor defending but at the same time you have to understand our frustrations. I could literally moan about so many things. Let people let off steam. And if the rule is that when the game has ended you can’t restart it, we should appeal the result is 2-2 (and will/would). No brainer.

I’m frustrated too! My frustration is with the fact we couldn’t defend for 2 mins and left Maguire free to head for goal!! The handball was before the whistle was blown and was the right decision. Appealing would be embarrassing.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I’m frustrated too! My frustration is with the fact we couldn’t defend for 2 mins and left Maguire free to head for goal!! The handball was before the whistle was blown and was the right decision. Appealing would be embarrassing.

I suppose it would clarify the situation for the future though - so if (when) it happens again, at least people will know.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Maupay shouldn't have been marking MacGuire at the corner in the first place. I looks like we were spent at that point. It was a definite handball.

So, in relation to the VAR for the handball; the referee had whistled for full time, no question. People are saying that he can still refer to VAR. So, last season in the Aston Villa v Sheffield United game there was a clear goal, but the ref says that as the half time whistle had gone they can't go back and overturn the decision. Where is the consistency in this? I think we should appeal. The game has finished and the law is that Var can't be used after the game has finished. It's actually quite clear cut. Will it actually be over turned, will it F@ck. Big team bias.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here