Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a surprise!

Labour's reckless spending unearthed and independent auditors having to go through the previous gouvernments books. This is going to make interesting reading. No wonder Mr Brown and his band of Crooks were so hell bent on keeping The Tories out of Gouvernment. Expect the full extent of this country's debt to be revealed. let's face it, we're all in big shit. 13 years of mismanagement to be paid for.

larus

Tories f***ing it up and in house squabbling already , this is going to be car crash this

What are you on about? There's going to be an INDEPENDANT review of the GOVERNMENTS FINANCES. As we are in so much shit (but, maybe you know we're not and everyone else is telling us Porkys), this can only be a good thing.

However, whatever this uncovers, you will still believe that LABOUR did a good gob, irrespective of the FACTS. Your denial to reality on confirms that your opinion is totally irrelevant.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Oh my good lord!

Government new to running the whelk stall calls in "independent" auditors to prove previous blunders.

More surprise as it's Gordon wot dun it.

This is truly a novel approach...........cue 18months of "we haven't got a bloody clue,except it's not our fault.It woz Gordon."

Plus 18 months of fellow travelling twats who haven't got a clue saying "yeah,bloody Gordon".

Give us a call at the next election so that I can help to evict the plastic Rupert in my constituency.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The Mirror should make good reading. Wonder how they're going to spin this so it's pro-Labour.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm amazed by the amount of people who still seem to think that public services can be financed on the never never forever.

I freely admit that public spending under the Tories had been cut beyond reasonable limits and that investment was badly needed when Labour came to power. However, somewhere there is a line beyond what is reasonable and what is foolhardy. Precisely where that line is remains unclear however, what is clear is that Labour has long since crossed it.

For all those that continue to believe "cuts = very very bad" I would ask a simple question. Would you run your personal account in the same way Labour administered the national budget? Would you borrow, borrow and borrow again; constantly deferring the day the debt is due. Most reasonable people would not and yet there is a large section of society that believes that the rules are suspended for a nation state.

It is a regrettable fact, but a fact nonetheless, that spending will HAVE to be cut in order to salvage the public finances. I say this as a public servant looking at a definite pay freeze and possible redundancy yet I bear the government no ill will in its attempts to rein in spending.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
For all those that continue to believe "cuts = very very bad" I would ask a simple question. Would you run your personal account in the same way Labour administered the national budget? Would you borrow, borrow and borrow again; constantly deferring the day the debt is due.

sadly a great many people do run their finances like that, creating a large market for Ocean Finance and the like.

as for Labours spending, we'll see. there's alot of rumours they tied up contracts for pet projects, and some companies apparently insisted on massive cancellation clauses as they expected Labour to lose.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Labour's reckless spending unearthed and independent auditors having to go through the previous gouvernments books. This is going to make interesting reading. No wonder Mr Brown and his band of Crooks were so hell bent on keeping The Tories out of Gouvernment. Expect the full extent of this country's debt to be revealed. let's face it, we're all in big shit. 13 years of mismanagement to be paid for.

So we are forgetting Maggies pioneeering way of get elected ? The method of selling off nearly all the State infrastructure to shareholders in order to finance a short term tax cutting bribe to voters. remember that when you pay French and German shareholders for you Gas, Electricity, and Water and train tickets etc.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So are YOU forgetting Gordon's plans to seel off the Tote, the Dartford Crossing etc...

oh yes, thats about the only couple of things that Snatcher missed:laugh:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
So we are forgetting Maggies pioneeering way of get elected ? The method of selling off nearly all the State infrastructure to shareholders in order to finance a short term tax cutting bribe to voters. remember that when you pay French and German shareholders for you Gas, Electricity, and Water and train tickets etc.

oh dear - the only reason Maggie sold off the state infrastructure was to sort out the defecit that the previous shit administration had left the country in. unfortunately we don't have that luxury now.

thank you labour - f***ing nobs

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Anyone else really bored of these threads now? Larus and PSB's spluttering protestations of FACTS is as tired as the New Labour defenders blaming everyone else other than New Labour.

Another pointless political thread from a bunch of partisan cheerleaders.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
remember the same thing in 1997. The Tories refused to show anyone the books and the incoming administration had to get them independently audited. Both the last labour and Tory governements spent too much. So calm down all of you its just the same old...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here