Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what a superb new song by leona lewis

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
RUN ,,heard today,made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up,she really has done well hasnt she:thumbsup:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
she can sing,and sing live,thats the fact

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can we have a sensible debate, yes say Leona is not my type of music, yes, say I do not like the song but to say she is shit and can't sing is utterly absurd.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
U S dont waste your breath fella,the lady has a superb voice,just cant beleive it took the x factor to discover her

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
CROCK. OF. SHIT.

And by the way it's certainly not new, or even by Leona for that matter

Ditto 70% of chart hits today, very little original music around

IMO its better than the original, first heard it over a year ago when she did it as her radio 1 live lounge song.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Not one person on here has said she can't sing, she's a bloody good singer but that cover is really rubbish and the original is far better than her version.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think she has a very good voice but she's trying to be a Maria Carey clone...why?

Also this song is a train wreck. Awful bodge up.

Snow Patrol Version

[yt]9Qen3Xovtfc[/yt]

Leona (aka Maria) singing beautifully but in a dull way:

[yt]Rl7r2ApESN4[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think she has a very good voice but she's trying to be a Maria Carey clone...why?

To sell shitloads of records and make her and her manager very rich?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pile of Cack...... well, she's had about a year of "intensive training" and she's ready to be released........its a Scavenger Hunt of musical notes....... they're all in there, tick them off as you hear them.

I'm quite sure she is a lovely person but fantastic singer, no

Oct 25, 2003
Shame though don't you agree. She's got a hell of a voice but no personality coming over. Hopefully it will.

totally agree

she just seems to be a cowell cash cow.....i'd be surprised if she has MUCH input into the creative side of her music

what i will say though is that in interviews and when she was on x-factor, she seems to be a really nice, down to earth girl and i am pleased that a female uk act is becoming so successful

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you like MOR it's excellent. Singing is good etc etc but is is manufactured pap for the masses, will do very well, she'll get rich, Cowell will get richer and I'll turn it off everytime I hear it.

Shame she's not likely to use her very fine voice to do something interesting whilst under Cowell's influence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here