Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What. A. Goal.!

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
JAHAN1.gif

JAHAN2.gif

JAHAN3.gif
Unbelievable.... Just needs that dramatic music added to it like Pele's in Escape to Victory!!! Shirley someone can edit that?

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looked very impressive but as everybody knows those shots are hit and miss and can go virtually anywhere. I am sure he didn't expect it to go in the corner so perfectly, but still very good to watch.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It's not just a regular worldie overhead kick is it? He actually runs back to get to it. Mostly they tend to be a case of "just"(!) turning round and launching yourself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looked very impressive but as everybody knows those shots are hit and miss and can go virtually anywhere. I am sure he didn't expect it to go in the corner so perfectly, but still very good to watch.

Shot?

I thought it was a cross and he mis-hit it.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

I think he was in what they call the "zone". As sure as eggs, when he hit that ball - he knew exactly where it was going.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

#neverwrong becomes #neverhappy

It was almost like he’d practiced it in training.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Who was the goal against? Hang on....

Boo! Boooooo!!!

:wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is that he would have expected it to be on target but to have put it in the bottom corner out of the reach of the keeper was better than could have been expected by him as much as others. Still a good goal though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Yes but it takes talent, desire and a player at the top of their game to even make that connection, let alone score from it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Beautiful moment, it is a wonderful piece of athleticism. It also takes a certain type of mentality and confidence to take it on, I’m sure if he hadn’t scored and played so well on Saturday that he wouldn’t have tried it.

Personally I actually slightly preferred his goal on Saturday though, partly because of the outpouring of emotion after, but also because it really showed fantastic technique and a football brain to hit it first time the way he did. It was a great strike and I think that finish was slightly under rated at the time because of the celebration after.

Two absolutely magical Amex moments.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was watching Ali's goal on a loop while the Football Weekly chaps were discussing it and overhead goals in general.

Obviously this is the gold standard:-

The contributor who was championing Ali's goal the most had it above

and

for aesthetic reasons and because Ali's a hottie!

and he easily talked the others around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here