Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What. A. Goal.!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I just hope that he can do it again this season and put it in the same spot to prove me wrong.

The chances of that, as you know, are less than 1% :facepalm:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I have no idea why, but this face just sprang into my mind....
DA0F9EFD-8C4B-4166-A81F-B6BB7078EE52.jpeg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Also enjoying my new wallpaper.

82f928a374bb4d8819615f07a9078e97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a supreme image.

Two areas of the manoeuvre I particularly admire.

1. The arms spread out either side to assist stability in the air.

2. Ali flips himself, mid-air, onto his front for the landing to reduce the risk of injury and to ensure that he is able to get to his feet quicker.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Played for Shoreham

Reckon Ali J has been having lessons up the road...

[tweet]1212448644835815424[/tweet]

It was therefore slightly against the run of play when Horsham doubled their lead although their can be no denying the quality of the goal. A strong run and cross down the Lewes left was met perfectly by Rob O'Toole with a bicycle kick that gave Nathan Stroomberg-Clarke absolutely no chance.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Shot?

I thought it was a cross and he mis-hit it.

From immediately behind Izzy, it looked a deliberate shot - I first thought, oh no he should have crossed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Late to the party I know, but quite apart from the astonishing acrobatic flourish he pulled off, I thought it was also an incredibly brave thing for him to attempt. Make a slags hooped ear of that and you can end up looking like a right tit, and given his career thus far at BHA thus far, you could easily forgive him for not trying something so outlandish. But maybe that goal against the muff had left a trace of adrenaline and confidence in his veins - so when he saw it, he instinctively went for it. And scored the goal of the season.

I've been binning him off for months, but I'd love for him to prove me wrong. Maybe he just needed a couple of moments like that to come out of his shell and help him believe he belongs in this team, and in this League. Here's hoping.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jesus Christ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Amazing isn't it.

Funnily enough though I do share a similar view.
The only teeny tiny difference being I know I'm wrong to hold the opinion there's a degree of luck involved.
I have said I'm wrong in thinking that way.
I have apologized for thinking that way.

All the while congratulating Ali for his crosses and previously his faultless technical ability in control.

Something I hope he continues to do, proving me right!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty much what the R5 lot are saying in the clip posted by [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]

Lots of absolute technical brilliance, balls of steel to try it IMO and just a little bit of luck that it came off. Would be more like 99/100 times it would go tits up I reckon, even for a pro like yourself.

Late to the party I know, but quite apart from the astonishing acrobatic flourish he pulled off, I thought it was also an incredibly brave thing for him to attempt. Make a slags hooped ear of that and you can end up looking like a right tit, and given his career thus far at BHA thus far, you could easily forgive him for not trying something so outlandish. But maybe that goal against the muff had left a trace of adrenaline and confidence in his veins - so when he saw it, he instinctively went for it. And scored the goal of the season.

I've been binning him off for months, but I'd love for him to prove me wrong. Maybe he just needed a couple of moments like that to come out of his shell and help him believe he belongs in this team, and in this League. Here's hoping.

100% - posted something similar yesterday and exactly what I meant.............to try that so soon after being given an opening by GP speaks volumes about his character and his confidence now. Wondering just how much of this is down to GP's man-management........

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Amazing isn't it.

Funnily enough though I do share a similar view.
The only teeny tiny difference being I know I'm wrong to hold the opinion there's a degree of luck involved.
I have said I'm wrong in thinking that way.
I have apologized for thinking that way.

All the while congratulating Ali for his crosses and previously his faultless technical ability in control.

Something I hope he continues to do, proving me right!!

Oh I think there's a teeny bit of luck involved (keeper was the other side, didn't hit a defender, VAR didn't intervene etc etc) - but as Gary Player used to bore everyone rigid with though, 'the more I practice, the luckier I get'..............

Has to do it again to prove it though. Obviously.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am getting slated for saying that I consider that to perform such a shot requires a lot of luck, which he had because it is virtually impossible to pinpoint where the ball will land with certainty. As it happened it landed in exactly the right spot where Kepa couldn't reach it and I am sorry if it offends people but I do consider there was a large amount of luck with it. That is not to detract from the fact that it earned us a deserved point and with a little more luck near the end this could have been 3.

A better goal for me would have been the shot by Mooy v Bournemouth from just outside of the penalty area that skimmed past the post in the north goal or even Jahanbakhsh goal v Bournemouth when talking of worldly goals.

boik

I am getting slated for saying that I consider that to perform such a shot requires a lot of luck, which he had because it is virtually impossible to pinpoint where the ball will land with certainty. As it happened it landed in exactly the right spot where Kepa couldn't reach it and I am sorry if it offends people but I do consider there was a large amount of luck with it. That is not to detract from the fact that it earned us a deserved point and with a little more luck near the end this could have been 3.

A better goal for me would have been the shot by Mooy v Bournemouth from just outside of the penalty area that skimmed past the post in the north goal or even Jahanbakhsh goal v Bournemouth when talking of worldly goals.

A better goal would have been the one that didn't go in? Are you for real?????????

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

You have no more or less of an idea where the ball's going for a bicycle kick than when you shoot straight at goal from 25 yards out
(it's all about the contact).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I counter that on the basis:

1) Over head kicks are very very rarely attempted.

2) A standard shot is routinely attempted and very likely to go wide.

You don't attempt something like that unless you have a degree of confidence in 1) pulling it off 2) not injuring yourself and 3) not looking stupid.

In parallel with goals scored from the half way line, goals like that are a combination of quick thinking, confidence and brilliant technique.

An overhead kick further requires an acute sense of where you are in relation to the goal.

Nothing lucky about that goal at all. It was world class.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast

It may be that you’re in a completely different, although parallel, universe to everyone that posts here. Most strange. :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here