Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What A f***ing Load Of Shit

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It certainly does if you ignore the quality of play from several earlier games this season.

One off colour performance (and a couple of "interesting" tactical decisions) and suddenly, all the good stuff that has happened this season is forgotten.

If we had lost our first six games, but then played briliantly against Scunthorpe and beat them 6-0, would we suddenly be promotion candidates - I don't think so.

So, why should it work in reverse?

My point is that there hasnt been any decent displayed this year, thats a concern that has been ignored due to results.

If this spell of indifferent performances was after some previous good performances then we would be happy, but as yet we havent experienced even a few games that showed any likelihood of future success.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yep, 1 defeat in 7 games, our best start for 4 decades, conceded only 2 goals before Saturday (1 of them a dodgy penalty) its definitely time to panic :laugh:

Yep, no home league wins in 3 attempts, only one goal scored before Saturday (a dodgy penalty), and the 2 draws were largely thanks to the goalkeeper.

Maybe not time to panic, but I think having a whinge up is acceptable.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Yep, no home league wins in 3 attempts, only one goal scored before Saturday (a dodgy penalty), and the 2 draws were largely thanks to the goalkeeper.

Maybe not time to panic, but I think having a whinge up is acceptable.

There's a huge difference between 'having a whinge up', which of course people are entitled to, and completely over-reacting and calling for people to be sacked when we haven't even finished our second month of the season.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
To say we haven't played well this season so far, is complete nonesense.

We were excellent at Crewe - could easily have won 5-0.

We destroyed Barnet with some very good football.

We were solid away at Southend, and controlled the Northampton game.

OK, so the home performances have been average to poor.

But bear in mind we have several new faces trying to gel into the side and get used to the shit hole we play in.

Oh yeah, and trying to come to terms with home fans giving them stick every time they make any sort of mistake.

The new lads must wonder what on Earth is going on.
They play away and get nothing but support, they play at home and get bollocked every 5 minutes.

How about we take the positives for a change instead of expecting to win every game.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Wha a f***ing load of shit, started by someone that wanst at the game, brilliant :clap:QUOTE]

Oh, says it all.

Thats what wound me up. Yes if you just picked up a paper and saw 1-4, you would think it was a shambles. And yes some of it was, but its hardly then end of the season.

We didnt play that badly going forward and registered more shots on goal than we did in the previous 2 home games put together.

This is where we need a goal scoring central midfielder, when the front 2 dont find the net, we need another good scoring alternative. I am still worried we have only scored one goal from open play from central midfield in the whole of 2008

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Oh yeah, and trying to come to terms with home fans giving them stick every time they make any sort of mistake.

The new lads must wonder what on Earth is going on.
They play away and get nothing but support, they play at home and get bollocked every 5 minutes.

This is why the away support is so good, if something goes wrong, a pass is misplaced, the fans still encourage them to try it again.

If this is done at home, the groans ring around Withdean.

If we lose away from home, the fans still clap off the team and the team come up to the fans to clap them back.

At home this doesnt happen, we just boo the team off and they get to the changing room as fast as possible

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Thats what wound me up. Yes if you just picked up a paper and saw 1-4, you would think it was a shambles. And yes some of it was, but its hardly then end of the season.

We didnt play that badly going forward and registered more shots on goal than we did in the previous 2 home games put together.

This is where we need a goal scoring central midfielder, when the front 2 dont find the net, we need another good scoring alternative. I am still worried we have only scored one goal from open play from central midfield in the whole of 2008

Of course, there are a few worries, and I personally think we need at least 3/4players, but that's not going to happen.

Winds me up too, people that don't go to the game, CANNOT COMMENT. :angry:.....:rolleyes:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Of course, there are a few worries, and I personally think we need at least 3/4players, but that's not going to happen.

Winds me up too, people that don't go to the game, CANNOT COMMENT. :angry:.....:rolleyes:

I dont have a problem with people that dont go to a game making a comment. It just winds me up that some people make a rash statement, but cant back it up with what they saw.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I dont have a problem with people that dont go to a game making a comment. It just winds me up that some people make a rash statement, but cant back it up with what they saw.

No I feel, if they didn't go to the game, how can they possibly comment on the game?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Really?

I thought the demolition of Barnet surpassed that performance on Saturday.

OK, I meant LEAGUE games, we made their keeper make 3 great saves, registered more shots on goal than the previous 2 home games put together, and played less long aimless balls.

We created, chances, they created chances, we couldnt convert the, they could.

Was an entertaining game at Withdean for once, shame we got stuffed

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
OK, I meant LEAGUE games, we made their keeper make 3 great saves, registered more shots on goal than the previous 2 home games put together, and played less long aimless balls.

Spot on assessment.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's not as bad as you're all making out. Yes we've been relatively poor at home. But we've got good players who just need a bit of extra confidence at home. Why do you think we play well away? because the SUPPORT is there. actual support, not just bums on seats...

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun

That sounds a bit more like the game I was at than the crap coming from the moaners on here that weren't even at the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here