Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What A f***ing Load Of Shit

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
So let me get this right - our first defeat of the season and its all doom and gloom from our so called fans?

FFS - No team plays well in every game during the season, and they will all have a poor performance or two, and no team can win every game.

Since when did our fans suddenly expect perfection, and nothing less, afterall this is only Adams 7th competitive game in charge this spell, and it willl take time to transform the team, - it took 3 seasons in his last spell in charge to gain promotion from a lower division, why now is there a lack of patience from our fans.

Stop being such a bunch of moaning cnuts, give them time and start keeping the faith again.
:thumbsup:

its not often that everyone has an off day all at the same time, thats what happened today.

ffs, some of you cnuts aint got a clue.
quit ya fuckin moaning

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
So let me get this right - our first defeat of the season and its all doom and gloom from our so called fans?

FFS - No team plays well in every game during the season, and they will all have a poor performance or two, and no team can win every game.

Since when did our fans suddenly expect perfection, and nothing less, afterall this is only Adams 7th competitive game in charge this spell, and it willl take time to transform the team, - it took 3 seasons in his last spell in charge to gain promotion from a lower division, why now is there a lack of patience from our fans.

Stop being such a bunch of moaning cnuts, give them time and start keeping the faith again.

Yes it's our first defeat but the three performances at home this season have been absolutely awful hence the frustration.

It shouldn't take time to transform the team, it's virtually the same team as last season - only Hawkins, Livermore and McLeod weren't playing for us last season.
It's not as though we've got a totally new look team that needs time to gel.

It's simply not good enough and it needs to improve and quickly.

What is worrying is that it is blindingly obvious what areas we need to strengthen the squad and we had the opportunity to do so while the window was open and we didn't. Micky now needs to pick out some gems in the loan market.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
there is no way that scunny are the 5th worst team, theyve come down from the championship, and everywhere iv read have been tipped to have a great chance of promotion. i can think of five teams instantly that i would rather play than scunthorpe, what about crewe, hereford, cheltenham ect ect.
yes it was a poor performance, but i thought it was also a good one from them.

Spot on !

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Agreed and Hooper is likely to be one of the top scorers at the end of the season. The last opposition player to have such a good game at Withers was Whittaker of Port Vale. He was available on a free in the summer but as far as I am aware we showed no interest in signing him and he is now one of the best players at Oldham who are top of the table. Really depressed today but looking forward to the Yeovil game. Things can hardly get worse. Or can they?

???

I'd be interested to know if we did put in a bid for Whittaker. It seems to me that he is just what we need right now, and quite a few others share that belief. Oh well, too late now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes it's our first defeat but the three performances at home this season have been absolutely awful hence the frustration.

It shouldn't take time to transform the team, it's virtually the same team as last season - only Hawkins, Livermore and McLeod weren't playing for us last season.
It's not as though we've got a totally new look team that needs time to gel.

It's simply not good enough and it needs to improve and quickly.

What is worrying is that it is blindingly obvious what areas we need to strengthen the squad and we had the opportunity to do so while the window was open and we didn't. Micky now needs to pick out some gems in the loan market.

To be fair to MA, he did say in his post match interview that he can see the areas in which we need strengthening and that we must all be patient. I can only assume that we were unable to secure the signings he had in mind as I can't believe he didn't even try for any. Lets hope Micky does get those loan gems.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
To be fair to MA, he did say in his post match interview that he can see the areas in which we need strengthening and that we must all be patient. I can only assume that we were unable to secure the signings he had in mind as I can't believe he didn't even try for any. Lets hope Micky does get those loan gems.
Well i hope Knight will stretch our budget as we need a few new loans

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Also sounded like Scunny should have got a pen as well.Hawkins at fault.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Micky Adams competative record so far

Played 7
Won 4
Drawn 2
Lost 1
For 11
Against 6

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
And by the looks of things, we won't.
That's the issue here - not how wonderful the oppositions are (in the 3rd division ffs!)

the issue i had was that the thread starter is trying to claim we lost 4-1 to the 5th worst team in the league, which is utterly ridiculous

yesterday was a f***ing shambles, but by trying to claim scunthorpe are going to scrape to survival this season is just blowing all credit out of what had been a reasonably good, if not completely over the top rant

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
It's seems that most people here disagree (whether right or wrong) that SCUNThopre are one of the worst sides in the League, maybe they're not the 5th but they're no better than 8th. They've lost their best player, have no quality in them, and the bookies don't fancy them. Even the local press don't rate their chances as they've been predicted to have a relegation struggle.

Maybe my reaction was slightly over the top, but that's football I suppose, and to me we should be beating teams like SCUNThorpe, Bristol Rovers and Leyton Orient, not only just at home but at there places too, because if we are to achieve our aim this season, then surely we have to beat the not-so-gooder teams.

Maybe my location has alot to answer for why I think they're so shit, but that's not the reason why most have predicted them to finish 15th or lower.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It's seems that most people here disagree (whether right or wrong) that SCUNThopre are one of the worst sides in the League, maybe they're not the 5th but they're no better than 8th. They've lost their best player, have no quality in them, and the bookies don't fancy them. Even the local press don't rate their chances as they've been predicted to have a relegation struggle.

Maybe my reaction was slightly over the top, but that's football I suppose, and to me we should be beating teams like SCUNThorpe, Bristol Rovers and Leyton Orient, not only just at home but at there places too, because if we are to achieve our aim this season, then surely we have to beat the not-so-gooder teams.

Maybe my location has alot to answer for why I think they're so shit, but that's not the reason why most have predicted them to finish 15th or lower.

How do you know they are the not-so-good teams? At the start of the season we can only guess which teams will be the better or the weaker ones, whatever might be 'predicted'.

Much as we might like to be, we do not have a divine right to be better than anyone. And we shouldn't dismiss other teams' capabilities out-of-hand when we have little or no knowledge of their strengths this season.

In my opinion, I thought Scunthorpe looked a very good footballing side who I believe might have beaten us anyway, even if we had played much better.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Wha a f***ing load of shit, started by someone that wanst at the game, brilliant :clap:

That was easily the best attacking performance of the season at home, none of this boring tag can be put on the performance. We played a passing game, created loads of clear cut chances, but failed to take them.

Scunthorpe are a good team, they won the league last time they were in it, and went down despite not conceeding too many. Hooper probably only had 4 chances in the game, and he stuck away 3 of them. On another day it could have been 4-4.

Yes the defence was woeful, they targetted Richards as the weak link, and exploited it, creating their chances through him and an unfit Hawkins.

We have only lost one game, its hardly the end of the world!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Brighton 1 Scunnie 4 made a wet miserable Saturday very enjoyable. :laugh:

Was waiting for a 5th Scunnie goal shame it never came.

:drink:

I thought you were to romp this league.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yep, 1 defeat in 7 games, our best start for 4 decades, conceded only 2 goals before Saturday (1 of them a dodgy penalty) its definitely time to panic :laugh:

We should sell the entire squad, get a new gaffer, oh, and sack the board whilst we're at it.

You bunch of plonkers, how the Hell can you moan at one defeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a slight tint in the specs Brett but a decent, objective summary of Saturday's offering imo.
We did play on the deck more but there's still too much, particularly aimless and over hit, long ball for my liking. Very poor defensively, individually and collectively - including MK; generally better in the midfield where I thought Cox gave an improved performance. Forster worked hard thoughout and would have got in a couple of times, but for some good defending - I really liked their young centre back. I'm OK with Murray; he would have scored 1 or 2 on another day but we might look at playing to his strengths occasionally.
Tactically, I thought Adkins et al did a good job and deservedly turned us over; we didn't seem to have done much, if any, homework on them. Two of our players (Hawkins and McLeod) didn't look fit to me and if this is so then the manager should carry the can. Good days work from Hooper, well deserved applause and nothing wrong with that.
Do we have a 1st team coach yet or has MA taken on this role?

PS Enjoyed the second edition of TSLR - well done all.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Yep, 1 defeat in 7 games, our best start for 4 decades, conceded only 2 goals before Saturday (1 of them a dodgy penalty) its definitely time to panic :laugh:

We should sell the entire squad, get a new gaffer, oh, and sack the board whilst we're at it.

Because expectations pay no heed to logic, common sense and reality.

Because we are Brighton and have been through so much that we have a right to succeed.

Because opposing teams are all rubbish and have no influence on how we play.

Because the chairman and shareholders have a bottomless pit of money and should be buying new players all the time.

Because if our players are inconsistent and make mistakes it is because they have no passion or commitment.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I am guessing the concern might be that unless the quality of play improved we were always likely to lose games, to ignore the quality of play makes you a plonker !!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I am guessing the concern might be that unless the quality of play improved we were always likely to lose games, to ignore the quality of play makes you a plonker !!

It certainly does if you ignore the quality of play from several earlier games this season.

One off colour performance (and a couple of "interesting" tactical decisions) and suddenly, all the good stuff that has happened this season is forgotten.

If we had lost our first six games, but then played briliantly against Scunthorpe and beat them 6-0, would we suddenly be promotion candidates - I don't think so.

So, why should it work in reverse?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
LOSING AT HOME, ON PAPER, TO THE 5TH WORST TEAM IN LEAGUE ONE.

ABSOLUTE f***ing SHAMBLES :censored::censored:

GOING UP? DON'T TALK ABSOLUTE SHITE, MORE LIKE DOWN, LOOKS LIKE WERE EVEN WORSE THAN HEREFORD :thud:

ADAMS OUT!

On paper? What a ridiculous comment. They played brilliantly on Saturday regardless of what they should be like 'on paper'. If you remember the Port Vale game, they were in the relegation zone (or weren't they already relegated?) and they looked one of the best teams we'd played all season!

It's people like you that shouldn't be allowed to call themselves a fan. Our first loss this season, yes it's a hammering scoreline, but it doesn't warrant this outrageous response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here