Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a bunch of moaning W*****S!!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not much difference according to BBC stats..
BBC Sport - Brighton 2-0 Barnsley

Fair enough, but the stats don't include the desperate clearances by the Albion defence, of which there were many. Greer off the goal line for example. Probably also doesn't include the three or four or more low hard crosses that scudded completely across the goalmouth and went out for a throw-in on the other side of the pitch.

Can't be arsed to go and look, but i'd wager a pound to a penny that the Barnsley equivalent of NSC is mega-bemoaning the way they never tucked away any of their multiple chances today.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Greer off the goal line for example. Probably also doesn't include the three or four or more low hard crosses that scudded completely across the goalmouth and went out for a throw-in on the other side of the pitch.

The Greer off the goal line will be recorded as a shot on target. I think there is some cretinous posting going on here this evening.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
10th in the championship after 16 games....nice.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What? Seems to me that everyone is behind the team .. seen loads of very +ve posts ... the fact that there's still a way to go before the complete package means that we've still got some improving to do ... get over it FFS

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Isn't it about time people stopped moaning about the team and get behind them. For Gods sake we won the game today!

I can't believe some of the negativity on this site + why can't the moaners give Harley and Paynter a bloody chance. Its no wonder people have posted that the atmosphere was quiet today, all the curmudgeons were obviously sitting there in a haze of negativity just looking to find fault, and boy didn't they!! Wonder how they got on when we were at Gillingham?????!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't believe some of the negativity on this site + why can't the moaners give Harley and Paynter a bloody chance. Its no wonder people have posted that the atmosphere was quiet today, all the curmudgeons were obviously sitting there in a haze of negativity just looking to find fault, and boy didn't they!! Wonder how they got on when we were at Gillingham?????!!

Agree with your sentiments except the crowd. Probably less than 2% of an Amex crowd will be registered or use NSC, fortunately they don't all have to put up with this desperate pessimism.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Fair enough, but the stats don't include the desperate clearances by the Albion defence, of which there were many. Greer off the goal line for example. Probably also doesn't include the three or four or more low hard crosses that scudded completely across the goalmouth and went out for a throw-in on the other side of the pitch.

Can't be arsed to go and look, but i'd wager a pound to a penny that the Barnsley equivalent of NSC is mega-bemoaning the way they never tucked away any of their multiple chances today.

Their weakness, like millwalls is they cant finish. Both those sides look dangerous on the break simply because we do not. The Problem is we are to slow going forward at this level. By the time the ball is out on the wing there is 3 or 4 of their defenders behind it. Which is reflected imo in that a midfielder and defender scored today. Thankfully Barnsley are shit enough to allow this. Its where all our problems stem from.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Delighted with the three points, happy with the much-improved performance and the two well-taken goals.

However...

If Barnsley had had somebody up front of the calibre of, say, Chris Wood, or somebody just slightly better than Craig Davies, then we could easily have been stuffed about 5-2. The number of chances Barnsley were allowed to create is a huge cause for concern. The fact that they couldn't convert them is neither here nor there. It's not moaning, its realism. Give Southampton that many scoring chances and they'll run up a cricket score.

Chris Wood didn't get a sniff in 90 minutes at St Andrews - better example please.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Delighted with the three points, happy with the much-improved performance and the two well-taken goals.

However...

If Barnsley had had somebody up front of the calibre of, say, Chris Wood, or somebody just slightly better than Craig Davies, then we could easily have been stuffed about 5-2. The number of chances Barnsley were allowed to create is a huge cause for concern. The fact that they couldn't convert them is neither here nor there. It's not moaning, its realism. Give Southampton that many scoring chances and they'll run up a cricket score.

If my granny had balls, she'd be my Grandad.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Even a moan thread to ask people to stop moaning has been turned on it's head with people posting how we would have got tonked if we weren't playing Barnsley. I despair. Thank God NSC is only about 2% of the Brighton support.

Yes, and thank god it's only about 10% of NSC that constantly moan, whinge, bitch and can only see the negatives. Their wives/partners must find them even more of a joy to live with than we do sharing this site with them

threelions

Apr 19, 2010
Hurstpierpoint
Hi everyone, not very often that I feel the need to post on here. I am sick to death of people bitching and slagging of the team. A win is a win, no matter how it comes about. I feel so gutted that we have, on a whole, such a shallow, fickle following. All I can say is SHAME on you!! A win is a win no matter what. But hey, unless you win 3 nil why. Bother. I can honestly say, hand on heart that those guys needed us today. I was there. Were where you!!!! Win lose or draw I'm there

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If Gus Poyet reads NSC tonight or in the next few days, I'd imagine he'd be quite pissed off with the amount of criticism some of his players are getting. I really don't understand it, not one little bit. A comfortable win, in the top half, a lovely new ground and players like Billy Paynter and Ryan Harley are getting absolutely slaughtered. It just doesn't add up? Think about it. I don't know what Gus or any of the players will make of it but petulant, spoilt brats that want everything won't be too far from their minds. The comments Gus made after the Watford defeat were born out of frustration. You could see how much he really cares and loves the club and that wretched run was hurting him as much as the fans.

I honestly can't understand all this misery - life is far too short. The last few months have been brilliant for this football club but reading some of the criticism on here tonight is just way over the top after a victory. If Gus packed his bags tomorrow for another job I wouldn't blame him after all the stick he's had to put up with lately.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

However...

Horse shit. Cant be bothered to even go there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here