Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Upper - the place to be?

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Can someone please clarify where our Ultra's will be seated, as I will be as far away as possible as them - thanks.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
WSU will be fantastic and I know a lot of people who'll be there. For me though it's ALL about the North Stand. I cannot wait!!! I really cannot. Will be surrounded by friends and family. Bring it on.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I wonder where Liz Cista Sarah Watts etc are sitting. I can see the West Upper developing into a real mixed bag of Ruffians who don't like going behind the goal and old west stand Goldstone people. Could be an interesting mix. Suspect that will leave the East Stand non family for the newbie gloryhunters.

West Lower I heard. Can't confirm though.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
The West Lower will be rocking too!

I've said for a while that I think West Upper will end up being the place to be, I hope we can recreate a Sheffield Wednesday style atmosphere where the main stand sings as well as the stand behind the goal. Unfortunately, I believe this is where our ultras are going to be seated, so we may have to make do with the West!

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
The West Lower will be rocking too!

I've said for a while that I think West Upper will end up being the place to be, I hope we can recreate a Sheffield Wednesday style atmosphere where the main stand sings as well as the stand behind the goal. Unfortunately, I believe this is where our ultras are going to be seated, so we may have to make do with the West!

Don't worry, the north stand will do their job. It should be rocking with the people i know sitting in there.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
From people I've spoken to, there's quite a few I know who are P1 STHs and have chosen the non Family East Stand. Quite a few have mentioned they wouldn't be able to handle all the steps to the WSU but still want to sit near the half-way line, as they do at Withdean.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does anybody know where the Scotman from the North Stand at Withdean who shouts get into em constantly is going to be positioned because that is where I do not want to be , and many more have said the same.

Tybalt

Jul 1, 2009
Haywards Heath
If we need to give any feedback to any fans then Shirley its the quiet "I wont even shout - seagulls - when we get a corner" crew that need the stick and not any group of fans trying to get an atmosphere going (Ultra or non Ultra). Its the Library Sssssssssssshhhhhh dorks that need sorting out....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
im in the west upper, and if i end up next to some cretin singing throughout the game interupting my second half sleep i will not be happy

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When detailed plans for Falmer / Amex first materialised I believe most people thought that the 'atmosphere' stand would, in all probablility, be the North Stand.

But as ticket sales progress, it seems like the place to be, for view and atmosphere probably will be the West Upper...

Please keep talking up the WSU. Leaves more choice in the NS for the rest of us :thumbsup:

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
I think the West Upper will have the best views and is a good price. The reason I didn't go for it is that I believe if you are too high at football you don't feel part of the atmosphere. Basically, I like to be within a distance of the pitch that means when I shout at a player he can hear me. And if the other team's manager is a dick I can tell him. You won't get that from the upper.

This.

It'll be a shock, compared to Withdean, how close we are to the players/pitch and I plan to take full advantage of this. I watch West Ham from time to time and make sure I go next to the away fans, not to get mouthy and be a yob, but the tickets are cheapest, you get to stand and there's a hell a lot of atmosphere. In the upper section, you get funny looks for signing and it's much more for daytrippers/spectators.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here