Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Upper stairs!! Gawd blimey the oldies the not quite so fit....

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally posted by Apache (Peter Pan who is never going to grow older)

God, what a nation we've become, can't do a few stairs, won't go unless we can park the car outside the door.

Posted by Bob who would probably be better to remain silent

This Country

Tom Hark

As far as I can see from my one visit, there are other stairs exiting WSU and not just those where we entered this, I imagine, to meet Health and Safety in the unlikely event of an evacuation. I certainly came back down via parallel stairs and probably the same at the South end.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark

As far as I can see from my one visit, there are other stairs exiting WSU and not just those where we entered this, I imagine, to meet Health and Safety in the unlikely event of an evacuation. I certainly came back down via parallel stairs and probably the same at the South end.

Ah, right, cheers :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's not as many steps as I thought really, although I did think they were a bit narrow, I thought they would have been widened so you don't get a crush of fans, especially when exiting.

Could actually be quite dangerous with the inevitable stampede for the trains ten minutes from the end.
Did you not notice that the exit staircases are completely separate from the entrance ones and are twice as wide, with twice as many of them?!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally Posted by ferring seagull
Tom Hark

Ah, right, cheers

'Tom' Hope you enjoyed the BH game as much as I did !

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Do the stairs have a banister ? As I fancy sliding all the way down when we do Palace !!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I am certain most people can mentally visualise 5 flights of stairs.

Oh well done.

Actually, I can visualise 5 flights of stairs.....but which ones..? Like the ones I have at home...?....the ones on a bus...?.....or the ones on the London Underground...? All flights of stairs...all different.....but then again...you,re probably a clever little fucker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here