Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Upper stairs!! Gawd blimey the oldies the not quite so fit....

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
seeing as i am trying to drop a few pounds, i feel that these will be good for me. personally selfish i know, but hey, looking after number 1

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Posted by hans kray fan club

Fair enough but ending up with a dodgy hip in the interim was a surprise !

Hi Ferring, I succumbed and went today, those stairs are a B'sta"d, my advise is just take your time as you'll get your breath back when queuing at the food booths, 25 mins wait at least, then look at the prices you'll find you need an oxygen mask

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Jimbo

I will need the oxygen mask on the way up the stairs.

Delighted that you enjoyed the day and pleased to read your comments.

Best

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think the club mentioned about 15 times during the season ticket sales process, that people should consider the climb before committing to the WSU. I can't believe it has come as a surprise to anyone.

Yes they did....but not exactly possible really was it, when you were not allowed to see the stairs etc before you bought your ticket.

As one with a dodgy heart, I found the stairs OK providing I didn't rush. They are quite narrow for a lot of people going up at the same time, so I think the majority of fans should be aware it will be a slow climb for everyone.

Interesting to see a lift....the only people I saw use it were very young people in tracksuits etc.......talk about flogging the old horse first...lol.

Fantastic to see the stadium inside for the first time though. Often read how some people said they would be emotional on the first visit...which I thought was a bit soft. However......changed my mind now.....was quite overwhelming....it really was...!

D

Deleted User X18H

I think the club mentioned about 15 times during the season ticket sales process, that people should consider the climb before committing to the WSU. I can't believe it has come as a surprise to anyone.

Oh really. I had no intention of sitting there , only did as the 19 o' fun club was closed yesterday.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
It's not as many steps as I thought really, although I did think they were a bit narrow, I thought they would have been widened so you don't get a crush of fans, especially when exiting.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's not as many steps as I thought really, although I did think they were a bit narrow, I thought they would have been widened so you don't get a crush of fans, especially when exiting.

Could actually be quite dangerous with the inevitable stampede for the trains ten minutes from the end.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Seeing as my local Fitness First has just closed down and the old paunch is growing I will welcome the exercise.

I do recall in my early Jan presentation some old lady rather embarrassingly kicking off as she claimed she was told there would be lifts all the way to the top. Richard Hebbard did well to placate her whilst most of us were dying to tell her to pick a seat elsewhere.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes they did....but not exactly possible really was it, when you were not allowed to see the stairs etc before you bought your ticket.

I am certain most people can mentally visualise 5 flights of stairs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here