Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Middle Tier - The new club Wembley

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
that one went straight over your head:dunce:

Come on Das I’ve been posting on here long enough for you to realise a lot of stuff goes over my head. You could just point out when I’ve missed the point rather than just posting you usual two lines of wit though aye?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not a Billy, but you might struggle to find 9 mates able to chuck a grand a year at a season ticket!

:eek:

Bet we could if some went half each and shared the ticket.
Might take a bit of CAJOULING, thats all. Don't tell me you wouldn't be up for it...

:thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bet we could if some went half each and shared the ticket.
Might take a bit of CAJOULING, thats all. Don't tell me you wouldn't be up for it...

:thumbsup:

I wouldn't, I honestly wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, whenever I've sat in the posh seats at a game, I've really enjoyed it, BUT, I wouldn't want it every week. That's just too far removed from how I want to be watching football week in, week out.

As a one-off treat, special occasion, big match ... yeah great.
Every week ..... nah, it's not for me.

*grizzled old terrace monkey*

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
why waste time pussy footing about :rolleyes:

I think I’ll just give up responding to your little digs like 99% of other posters seem to. It might have taken me over a year to realise you’re a complete div but better late than never aye.

It’s been nice Das x x x

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
why are there so many ladies loos in that diagram? will the hospitality section be stuffed full of gullies vixens entertaining the corporates during duller moments of the games? or are the club hoping to cash in on the large local lesbian population 'ample toilet facilities for ladies'

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The whole season ticket thing is a strange one for Falmer in that the place hasn't even been built yet.

With Withdean, as there was only 6000 places up for grabs, you almost chose an area and you were buggered ( not literally) for the season if you didn't like that area. However at Falmer, there is no way its going to be full of STH's therefore it could be a case of once the ground is built, you would go to a game and "pay on the gate " ( Yes I know but you know what I mean) and sit somewhere in the ground, maybe do that a few games, and then if you liked that area or wanted to try somewhere different, you could get a ST for that area once you were happy.

I know certainly I will be doing that, as I like sitting with people I know, I don't want it too raucous and full of foul mouthed chavs, and I don't want to sit in a morgue like the current North Stand seems to be. The only way you would be able to guage that is to not bother with a ST and sit all around the ground .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wouldn't, I honestly wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, whenever I've sat in the posh seats at a game, I've really enjoyed it, BUT, I wouldn't want it every week. That's just too far removed from how I want to be watching football week in, week out.

As a one-off treat, special occasion, big match ... yeah great.
Every week ..... nah, it's not for me.

*grizzled old terrace monkey*

As long as I'm watching the match OUTSIDE the glass, then thats fine and dandy for me. Best seats in the house, and a little wonder back inside at halftime for a quick beer and a squizz at SSN for the scores. Lovely. Its not like you're sacrificing a terrace place these days is it. Were there TERRACING at Falmer then it goes without saying thats where I'd be as well. But a seats a seat in a stadium. Would just be nice to have a few extra facilities to take advantage of.

Anyway, its not gonna happen. 14 boxes, the cost for a season would be humungi.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As long as I'm watching the match OUTSIDE the glass, then thats fine and dandy for me. Best seats in the house, and a little wonder back inside at halftime for a quick beer and a squizz at SSN for the scores. Lovely. Its not like you're sacrificing a terrace place these days is it. Were there TERRACING at Falmer then it goes without saying thats where I'd be as well. But a seats a seat in a stadium. Would just be nice to have a few extra facilities to take advantage of.

You'd be sat outside, but you are still going to be surrounded by the sort of corporates that we sat with at Highfield Road that time. Can't see my particular brand of dishing out stick to opposing players for diving even when they have broken their leg, being acceptable behaviour. I'd get thrown out every other week.

:lol:

A whole season of hearing one-off corporate guests having which team is which explained to them just doesn't sit well with me.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
At Derby they charge £100 per game for a hospitality package. This includes parking, a seat, a 3 course meal and complimentary wine/beer/etc. This is what you get in their boxes so I would suggest an annual box fee would be about £2000 - £2200 per person. I wouldn't see our prices being much less.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
At Derby they charge £100 per game for a hospitality package. This includes parking, a seat, a 3 course meal and complimentary wine/beer/etc. This is what you get in their boxes so I would suggest an annual box fee would be about £2000 - £2200 per person. I wouldn't see our prices being much less.

But for a box of ten, it doesn't follow they would charge £20,000-£22,000 per season.

It would surely come down so that the pro rata price would be (I'd guess) £12,000-£15,000.

Errr there WILL be TERRACING at Falmer.

Its just that it will have seats bolted to it

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I have no idea of the pricing for an executive box at Falmer (they probably havn't set the price yet anyway), but assuming it'll hold up to ten people, and if it was (say) £10,000 for the box for a season, then I'd be SORELY tempted to shell out a grand with nine other mates.

Suppose it'll probably cost way more than that though :down:

I was talking to someone who works in hospitality at Fulham a few days ago & he told me their boxes are 5 grand a game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was talking to someone who works in hospitality at Fulham a few days ago & he told me their boxes are 5 grand a game.

I suppose the Premiership is a different ball park. West London as well. Dread to think what a box would cost at the Bridge.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I suppose the Premiership is a different ball park. West London as well. Dread to think what a box would cost at the Bridge.

Chelsea are at home to Liverpool this weekendThe "Premier Suites" (they are not the absolute best, but the Execitive and VIP suites don't appear to show a prices per match) hold 8 people and have a different price depending on the opposing

Chelsea are at home to Liverpool this weekend, and the "Premier Suite" will set you back £750 per person!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chelsea are at home to Liverpool this weekendThe "Premier Suites" (they are not the absolute best, but the Execitive and VIP suites don't appear to show a prices per match) hold 8 people and have a different price depending on the opposing

Chelsea are at home to Liverpool this weekend, and the "Premier Suite" will set you back £750 per person!!

Think I'll give that a miss then. I've heard the buffet is rubbish and it takes ages to get served.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here