Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Middle Tier - The new club Wembley

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Thats an interesting diagram, thanks Croydon Seagull. As you say then, looks like 14 private boxes to accomodate up to 10 (as thats the number of seats immediately outside each one), and buffet dining for up to 650 in a large communal suite.

Private box season tickets will be astronomical then I should think. They'll probably all be bought up by businessess to hobnob their clients. Might have a sniff at the communal buffet some time though, thats got to make for a top day out for a nice TREAT, specially going on into the evening.

Might even be able to squeeze on a train home later on as well.

I’m at work so can’t really look at the moment but when I looked several months ago I think I worked out that there is space for around 2300 people in hospitality and not including the directors lounge only around 200 are accommodated in private boxes.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd rather sit in the place with the best view - f*** the prawn sandwiches.
Do people really think the atmosphere at Falmer is going to be that great anyway?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I cam see where you're coming from. I just dont agree with this idea that everyone in this area will be 'business people' or 'corporates.'

Tis true, they most certainly are not all business types at the moment, and the majority of us who use the hospitality facilities are Withdean will do the same af Falmer. I would say that about 90% of the people who are fully paid up users of the Legends Lounge at Withdean are there becasue they are fans, and not because they are part of a corporate group. When the match sponsor is a local business then you get a dozen or so people, but often they are fans anyway, and regulars in the hostility lounges.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd rather sit in the place with the best view - f*** the prawn sandwiches.
Do people really think the atmosphere at Falmer is going to be that great anyway?

Yeah I do actually even if the only section of the ground singing is the North stand and the away section it should create an excellent atmosphere.
The roof has been designed with acoustics in mind so I’m very confident that even the small singing section we have in H block at the withdean could create an excellent atmosphere at Falmer.

Jan 30, 2008
I have no idea of the pricing for an executive box at Falmer (they probably havn't set the price yet anyway), but assuming it'll hold up to ten people, and if it was (say) £10,000 for the box for a season, then I'd be SORELY tempted to shell out a grand with nine other mates.

Suppose it'll probably cost way more than that though :down:

not if their like the ones at luton :smile:

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah I do actually even if the only section of the ground singing is the North stand and the away section it should create an excellent atmosphere.
The roof has been designed with acoustics in mind so I’m very confident that even the small singing section we have in H block at the withdean could create an excellent atmosphere at Falmer.

H BLOCK...................................... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
not if their like the ones at luton :smile:

Aren’t the executive suites at Luton just normal seating sections with Double glazing in front of them? Either way there rubbish looking.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We do so at the moment, and we like it that way. I would rather sit in the more atmospheric part of the ground for the match, but also enjoy the prawn sandwiches and all that goes with the hospitality facilities.

Fair does. I mentioned in an earlier post that I can understand folk wanting to move for atmosphere.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tis true, they most certainly are not all business types at the moment, and the majority of us who use the hospitality facilities are Withdean will do the same af Falmer. I would say that about 90% of the people who are fully paid up users of the Legends Lounge at Withdean are there becasue they are fans, and not because they are part of a corporate group. When the match sponsor is a local business then you get a dozen or so people, but often they are fans anyway, and regulars in the hostility lounges.

This is interesting to know. And it isnt likely to completely change when we move to Falmer. I think people are worrying about nothing.

Besdies, if we are swamped with corporates and businessmen wanting clip-on cool and glory by going to the Albion it will probably mean we are being very successful on the pitch...which aint no bad thing.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
at the end of the day, anyone taking up a corporate box will be a Brighton fan anyway. even in the future where a few others might come in, its still money to the club for players etc. there is still the east side if you must sit in the middle, but for most its not a big deal and the atmosphere/ loud group usually make one of the ends their home.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
We do so at the moment, and we like it that way. I would rather sit in the more atmospheric part of the ground for the match, but also enjoy the prawn sandwiches and all that goes with the hospitality facilities.

You sit in front of me, even thought you stand at the top prior to the end of each half :wink: I would not say it was an atmospheric part of the ground. ???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I thought the new idea was that to make up for the loss of the real ale venue, the club were thinking of using the pitch as a farmers market when we are playing away.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You sit in front of me, even thought you stand at the top prior to the end of each half :wink: I would not say it was an atmospheric part of the ground. ???

As I said, I would Rather sit in a more atmospheric part of the ground. Up until this season we did, but the older blokes we go with felt they needed the comfort of a roof in their twilight years so we all agreed to move to the North Stand. Can't say it is the best view in the house, but it stops them grumbling :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here