Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Middle Tier - The new club Wembley

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Simple economics Giraffe I guess, we won't yield as much as a few executive boxes and people wouldn't pay top notch price for a poor view. Sad but very true.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I want to be at the front of the top tier anyway.
Then I can snot on the corporates.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It depends on the rationale. If a limited number of corporate seats sold at a premium mean there is a beneficial lowering effect on other ticket prices, I haven't got a problem with it to be honest. The club make many times more off those people than they do from even season-ticket holders, and it's an important revenue stream for us.

However, if they give them all the best seats AND keep normal ticket prices high, then that is a total piss-take.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The corporate sales are large revenue generators these days, it's an inevitability, I'm afraid.

Probably works like an airline, in that those paying for the most expensive seats effectively subsidise the rest of us.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
In one of the project team’s responses he mentioned that you would be able to book Hospitality seats without having to have a meal, I assume this would give you access to the middle tier and wouldn’t cost an absolute fortune?http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?t=157018

I do think it makes perfect sense to have a section of around 2000 seats for the more well off of Albion’s faithful, as jealous as some of us might feel about being priced out of this section it’s all part of modern football. It would also make a great treat for Birthdays & special occasions for the average fan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In one of the project team’s responses he mentioned that you would be able to book Hospitality seats without having to have a meal, I assume this would give you access to the middle tier and wouldn’t cost an absolute fortune?http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?t=157018

I do think it makes perfect sense to have a section of around 2000 seats for the more well off of Albion’s faithful, as jealous as some of us might feel about being priced out of this section it’s all part of modern football. It would also make a great treat for Birthdays & special occasions for the average fan.

I tend to agree with this, and I disagree with this grand assumption that anyone sitting in the middle-tier will be a 'corporate', someone not really interested in football and/or a lesser fan in general.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have no idea of the pricing for an executive box at Falmer (they probably havn't set the price yet anyway), but assuming it'll hold up to ten people, and if it was (say) £10,000 for the box for a season, then I'd be SORELY tempted to shell out a grand with nine other mates.

Suppose it'll probably cost way more than that though :down:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We'll be having whatever the "basic" hospitality package is at Falmer. But will probably choose to site elsewhere, in the "North Stand" or whatever it will be called, rather than in those seats.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We'll be having whatever the "basic" hospitality package is at Falmer. But will probably choose to site elsewhere, in the "North Stand" or whatever it will be called, rather than in those seats.

Why do you want to sit elsewhere?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have no idea of the pricing for an executive box at Falmer (they probably havn't set the price yet anyway), but assuming it'll hold up to ten people, and if it was (say) £10,000 for the box for a season, then I'd be SORELY tempted to shell out a grand with nine other mates.

Alas I feel finding 9 others will be more of a challenge regarless of the price!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I tend to agree with this, and I disagree with this grand assumption that anyone sitting in the middle-tier will be a 'corporate', someone not really interested in football and/or a lesser fan in general.

I guess I come at this from a personal angle. I have a season ticket with my son, can afford the best season ticket from a view point of view and could probably afford to go in the hospitality area. However to be honest it is just not my cup of tea (or wine or whatever!) I would rather go with my son to games than a bunch of business people, but I would like to have the best view. Do you see what I mean?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
This is something we are all going to have to get used to I'm afraid. As soon as the stadiums been built we will no longer be seen as the 'club with no ground' and a bit of a charity case.

Things will move forward rapidly and we will be no different from any other club with aspirations to reach the promised land. I suspect there will be many who will feel left behind and perhaps yearn for the days when we all felt extremely close and unique as a club but modern football, money and business will dictate otherwise.

The future of the club will change dramatically, it simply has to.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

I think I’m right in saying that there not that many separate executive boxes and the vast majority of the 2000 or so seats in hospitality are in large, open restaurant areas overlooking the seating and of course the pitch. I think there are 14 seperate boxes available

With this in mind I’d image that they wouldn’t be hugely expensive.

It's quite mad to think that on occasions when the stadium is at capacity almost 10% of the crowd will be enjoying the game in the lap of luxury….flash gits

Attachments

• FALMER HOSP.JPG
    FALMER HOSP.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 485

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
If the club can fill the entire hospitality / middle tier with prawn sandwich types good luck to them. I'm sure that there will be plenty of top quality views for us plebs.

Just don't want them resuminging their seats 10 minutes into the second half.

Club Wembley prices range
Most expensive
Bobby Moore
One off licence fee £17,617 : Annual Season ticket £6,646, Annual Season ticket (option2) £9,000

Cheapest
Silver - One off licence fee £6,122 AST £2437, Option2 £3250

For just internationals
Licence £1497, AST £763, Option £950

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess I come at this from a personal angle. I have a season ticket with my son, can afford the best season ticket from a view point of view and could probably afford to go in the hospitality area. However to be honest it is just not my cup of tea (or wine or whatever!) I would rather go with my son to games than a bunch of business people, but I would like to have the best view. Do you see what I mean?

I cam see where you're coming from. I just dont agree with this idea that everyone in this area will be 'business people' or 'corporates.'

If it's atmosphere you're after then fine, I imagine the West Stand-middle will not be the most lively section of the ground. But I predict the seats on both touch-lines will be similar in atmosphere regardless of which side they're on and how much they cost. I get tired of this idea that anyone who wants a bit of comfort is a corportate, businessman who only identifies with football for some credibility or glory.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats an interesting diagram, thanks Croydon Seagull. As you say then, looks like 14 private boxes to accomodate up to 10 (as thats the number of seats immediately outside each one), and buffet dining for up to 650 in a large communal suite.

Private box season tickets will be astronomical then I should think. They'll probably all be bought up by businessess to hobnob their clients. Might have a sniff at the communal buffet some time though, thats got to make for a top day out for a nice TREAT, specially going on into the evening.

Might even be able to squeeze on a train home later on as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here