Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Sham are giving this Championship malarkey a RIGHT GO.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Interesting question. My overall hierarchy would be

Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs
West Ham
Fulham
QPR
Millwall
Palace
Charlton

But "size" is so subjective- that list is based on my opinions/perceptions of brand, historical success, recent success and following. I think size can change overnight, too, which doesn't help matters..

The arrogant Terry and money-buys-you-anything Abramovich would put Chelsea top above Arsenal.
Arsenal might have the bigger stadium and history, but Chelsea over the last 8 years using gifts of cash just buy what they want ... Villa-Boas, Modric, Torres

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Interesting question. My overall hierarchy would be

Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs
West Ham
Fulham
QPR
Millwall
Palace
Charlton

But "size" is so subjective- that list is based on my opinions/perceptions of brand, historical success, recent success and following. I think size can change overnight, too, which doesn't help matters..

At the Goldstone the biggest crowds have been

Fulham (before my time)
Chelsea (sixties, attendance would have exceeded the Fulham gate if the ground had been big enough)
West Ham (over 32,000)
then
Spurs
Arsenal
Palace

Not all that much to choose between Leyton Orient and Millwall

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The arrogant Terry and money-buys-you-anything Abramovich would put Chelsea top above Arsenal.
Arsenal might have the bigger stadium and history, but Chelsea over the last 8 years using gifts of cash just buy what they want ... Villa-Boas, Modric, Torres

Quite true but in fairness some would say that we are the same.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Just watched Big fat sams press conference, interesting.

No bids for Green, Parker or Cole
Young players are already back training
His not going to play the so called West Ham way as that has never worked.

Now some quotes from the interview

"I have had to survive in the early stages at Bolton and I had to make Blackburn, but my goal is to search for European places. That is a long time off, my only focus is to get promoted and if I don't do that I don't expect to be here."

I have dropped down because it is West Ham. It's a big club with a great tradition and fan base. Weighing all the odds I thought to go on and have a go at a club that has not been as successful as it has been. Make it a club with sustainable success. Too often this club has had fleeting moments of grandeur. I do think it's a football club where something sustainable can be built. If I get West Ham up this year and into the top half of the table, you lads may say I have a chance with the England job. That's how it works."

"I hope there is not much business to be done. Its hard to lose 50 per cent of your players then bring 10/12 more players in because you put a bunch of strangers together."

I think it's a big challenge. In many ways I've taken a risk by losing my Premier League status and come down into the Championship and hopefully I have made the right decision. No-one wants to be in the Premier League more than me. It's a great league. A very competitive league. Only three teams can go up per year."

"Upton Park is one of the older stadiums, but the fan base is so vocal it is a great atmosphere. You like to feel that atmosphere. They atmosphere they give around Upton park is fine by me. The Olympic Stadium is quite a way off, I can do that by creating winning football. If the fans deliver to the team, the team will deliver to the fans."

"The away form has been one my main concerns. We can be great here but when we go away from home we have been a soft touch in forms."

Bold 1- its sounds like its getting them up this year or thats it.

Bold 2- Sounds like he is purely using them as a stepping stone to the England job, i bet there is a clause in his contract for it

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
would love him to fail spectacularly, not through any dislike of West Ham but Allardyce is just a knob. Would be proper funny to see him sacked before New Year with them bottom half and nearer relegation than promotion, not going to happen though is it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here