Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Sham are giving this Championship malarkey a RIGHT GO.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What a stupid comment with Gold and Sullivan on the board.

Hardly a stupid comment when the last I heard was that they had no money, sorry I don't take a huge interest in West Hams financial situations.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Sullivan alone is worth over 600 mill and Gold over 300mill, they are both very wealthy men, people dont realise that. Fernandes is worth about 300mill but he is the ceo in a buisness worth Billions of pounds, so if they get him involved then West Ham are laughing

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sullivan and Gold are very wealthy men ?

No. I never knew that.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
There's far too much MELODRAMA about falling from the Prem if you ask me.

You say that, but look at;

Leeds,
Norwich,
Charlton,
Sheffield U,
Luton,
Bradford,
Southampton

Possibly missing a couple out too. It's a serious drop in income with serious consequences if misshandled..

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Sullivan alone is worth over 600 mill and Gold over 300mill, they are both very wealthy men, people dont realise that. Fernandes is worth about 300mill but he is the ceo in a buisness worth Billions of pounds, so if they get him involved then West Ham are laughing

Worth as a value at a point in time is different to how much disposable "cash" wealth they have. I dispute how much they have/how much they are willing to spend, as West Ham as a club still has large debts.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
How BIG are West Ham? Using whatever criteria you want? Are they BIGGER than Fulham? P**arse? Spurs? How do they fit in the London footballing heirachy, which is headed by Chelsea (or is it Arsenal?)

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
How BIG are West Ham? Using whatever criteria you want? Are they BIGGER than Fulham? P**arse? Spurs? How do they fit in the London footballing heirachy, which is headed by Chelsea (or is it Arsenal?)

Well they have a very good history, but i would put them behind. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs not sure i would put them behind Fulham mind, i have a feeling Fulham once alfayed goes will just go to freefall.

West Ham are in a very dodgy time, they have wealthy owners but they have 80mill of debt, that will be cleared when the Bolyen is sold, but imo the doom and gloom around there so called financial standings is way over the top.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You say that, but look at;

Leeds,
Norwich,
Charlton,
Sheffield U,
Luton,
Bradford,
Southampton

Possibly missing a couple out too. It's a serious drop in income with serious consequences if misshandled..

Agree to a point, but what you generally find is that the larger clubs eventually find their way back at least to the Championship eventually. Leeds, Southampton and particularly Norwich are all back on the up after dipping into L1. It migth take a while, but Chalrton and the two Sheffield clubs will eventually come good again and rise from the dross in that league as well.

The likes of Luton and Bradford were never more than brief interlopers in the Prem (Luton dropped out around 91 or 92 I think), they are historically smaller clubs. I'm not saying clubs don't have problems after being relegated frm the Prem, of course they have. But its not the complete doomsday scenario for most clubs unless they were run like a total basket case in the first place, and even then, they usually find their level again in the Championship.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Interesting question. My overall hierarchy would be

Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs
West Ham
Fulham
QPR
Millwall
Palace
Charlton

But "size" is so subjective- that list is based on my opinions/perceptions of brand, historical success, recent success and following. I think size can change overnight, too, which doesn't help matters..

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Agree to a point, but what you generally find is that the larger clubs eventually find their way back at least to the Championship eventually. Leeds, Southampton and particularly Norwich are all back on the up after dipping into L1. It migth take a while, but Chalrton and the two Sheffield clubs will eventually come good again and rise from the dross in that league as well.

The likes of Luton and Bradford were never more than brief interlopers in the Prem (Luton dropped out around 91 or 92 I think), they are historically smaller clubs. I'm not saying clubs don't have problems after being relegated frm the Prem, of course they have. But its not the complete doomsday scenario for most clubs unless they were run like a total basket case in the first place, and even then, they usually find their level again in the Championship.

Very true and completely agree with you. What will be interesting to see is how/if this changes as football tightens its belt and plateaus as an investment opportunity after the recent growth. Further, I believe the HMRC are upbeat about changing the football creditors rule, meaning clubs will have to hand more power to them as a creditor when negotiating settlements. One would expect these changes will lead to less owners being interested in taking hold of a club after the fall from grace.

But agree that currently, there's little risk. Particularly to a club with such a brand as West Ham

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Demba Ba leaves West Ham and looks to the Premier League | Football | guardian.co.uk

They've lost Ba and Hitzlsperger on frees, but Big Sam is rumoured to have signed Abdoulaye Faye on a free.

Nolan has the experience of bouncebackability with Newcastle and is easily a Premier League player.

They'll do fine.

Faye not a rumor was confirmed on the West Ham site yesterday.

Ba has not gone yet he will but he has not gone yet, i think West Ham need to come out and give some clarity on this as i cant believe they have given him the contract they have that said he did fail the medical at West Ham and they still took the risk, Hitz hardly set the world alight last season, i think he might go Villa again.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
West Ham have to get promoted as they have an Oylmpic stadium to fill so no surprise they're going for it. Shows what we're up against though with players on 50k per week. In with the big boys now...

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Hardly a stupid comment when the last I heard was that they had no money, sorry I don't take a huge interest in West Hams financial situations.

you don't take an interest in many situations!!!! i,ve seen a crackingly hilarious thread about you from some angry bird!!! funny as fook,

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They don't want two relegations on the trot. They have a difficult start to the season. It would be interesting to see how they fare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here