Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Sham are giving this Championship malarkey a RIGHT GO.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They need to go straight back up, if they dont i can see them lurking in the Championship for at least the next 4 or 5 seasons.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
They must have a decent amount to spend with some top players moving on, plus the parachute payment, whether Big Sam can mould the players into an effective outfit is another matter entirely. If they struggle early on, the pressure of expectation might get to them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nolan was class for the toon- guess it's just age. Funny move IMO - Will be good to test ourselves against the likes of Nolan - I think Bridcutt can do a job on him myself.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Whoops, didn't see this.

Any mods wanna MERGE my thread into this, it can ONLY improve it after all.

APOLOGIES RISKIT

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
They need to go straight back up, if they dont i can see them lurking in the Championship for at least the next 4 or 5 seasons.

Worse than that, look at Leeds. Down in league 1 and in financial trouble only a little while ago.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I thought they were in financial meltdown anyway after being relegated. Their first two signings are going to be fantastic Championship players, I might go LARGE on West H'aaaa'm to win the Championship next season, Big Sam is a top manager.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I thought they were in financial meltdown anyway after being relegated. Their first two signings are going to be fantastic Championship players, I might go LARGE on West H'aaaa'm to win the Championship next season, Big Sam is a top manager.

Its all bollocks they look to loose about 40mill in relegation, which Daves are putting in out there own pocket, they are in 80mill of debt at the moment, and paying that of yearly at the moment. They have to get promoted this season or next its as simple as that, this season would be better.

Like i said in the other thread, most people hate the Daves but there very good at what they do, and people dont realise moving to the olympic will raise the club value by monumental amounts.

Last edited:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Or what ?

They will be stuck in a 60,000 seater stadium selling about 25,000 tickets only one way to go from there and that downwards, i think West Ham will have no trouble going up this season, thats why i have a £10 on them to win the championship.

If they do stay in there pass 2 seasons then the two Daves are going to have to dig really deep in there pockets and i cant see them doing that, thats why i think they accept to sell part the club to Fernandez.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They will be stuck in a 60,000 seater stadium selling about 25,000 tickets only one way to go from there and that downwards, i think West Ham will have no trouble going up this season, thats why i have a £10 on them to win the championship.

If they do stay in there pass 2 seasons then the two Daves are going to have to dig really deep in there pockets and i cant see them doing that, thats why i think they accept to sell part the club to Fernandez.

Meh. They'll always bumble around between the Prem and the Championship as they always have done. I don't see any kind of "apocolypse" if they fail to go up within 2 years. They'd have to reign in their ambitions a tad, and that Olympic Stadium is going to be a shit soulless bowl to play football in, but they'll be alright. Its hardly a catastrophe playing in the Championship is it. Even if a club the size of West Ham dips into L1 (which I can't see happening to them), they invariably get back to playing at their natural level sooner or later.

There's far too much MELODRAMA about falling from the Prem if you ask me.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
If West Ham do not get off to a good start, their fans will be on the back of Big Sam for his hoofball tactics. The only thing Big Sam can probably guarantee is that West Ham will not get relegated to L1 next season if he is still in the job next May.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
How are West Ham gonna afford his wages ? They have no money themselves.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I don't know why Nolan wants to go there

I just read that he is getting 50k a week be club captain, his good mates with big sam, and the owners want to go forward and not backwards, i think its an amazing buy for West Ham and pretty cheap aswell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here