Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The London Stadium is just so toxic for WH, as soon as the tide changes things get nervy there. Once it was 3-2 I knew we'd get something, though at half time was pretty despondant

Overall a load of errors from both sides, second game running we've let in 3, can't keep doing that and we have to tighten things up fast

Great to see Watford blow it at the death, not a bad day overall

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Good fight back, just a shame it had to be one, as 3 - 1 down was very poor.
Happy with a point as I predicted a 1 - 1 result, just did it the hard way.
Webster should warm the bench for a couple of games as well.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I feel so sorry for all of those in this thread who weren’t able to complete their tug over just how shit (in their minds) Graham Potter is as a football manager.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Post #13, lost amongst all the pre recovery shit on this thread Sums up what actually happened, they were in complete control until Moyes decided to take off Antonio, well played Dave.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Post #13, lost amongst all the pre recovery shit on this thread Sums up what actually happened, they were in complete control until Moyes decided to take off Antonio, well played Dave.

He mistakenly thought that the job was done.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good fight back, just a shame it had to be one, as 3 - 1 down was very poor.
I didn't watch the whole game, just the 20 ish minute highlights on Sky, and then MOTD. Did we really deserve to be 3-1 down? 2 of their goals took unlucky deflections to beat Ryan, and at the end of the game the expected goals was 0.8 vs 1.8.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Did we really deserve to be 3-1 down? 2 of their goals took unlucky deflections to beat Ryan,

You don't think that the o.g. was bit of luck - the ball being punch by the goalkeeper and bouncing in off the back of Ogbonna?

Or the second goal didn't have a bit of luck when West ham had four chances to clear the ball - a clearance cannoned off a Brighton player and flew through the air into the box, two West Ham defenders stood looking at it and the keeper hesitated instead of coming and claiming it, they let it bounce and then nod it straight into the path of Gross.

Or maybe the third didn't have any luck - when the West Ham defender ducked out of the way of the cross, a second defender lets the ball bounce between his legs and 99 times out of a 100 the goal would have been ruled out for a handball.

Luck is a massive part of football - and there are always swings and roundabouts - it usually pans out in the end. Brighton went 2-0 and then 3-1 down for the same reasons that the team has struggled for the last 10 games or so - poor defending. Very lucky to get the break with the o.g. to get back in the game - and then the team deserve massive credit for fighting back for the draw and almost winning it. That fightback did not happen in previous games and is a big positive. Saying that - West Ham are a poor team and after a couple of half-decent results, Moyes does not seem to be making any real difference.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You don't think that the o.g. was bit of luck - the ball being punch by the goalkeeper and bouncing in off the back of Ogbonna?
Obviously, without doubt.

Or the second goal didn't have a bit of luck when West ham had four chances to clear the ball - a clearance cannoned off a Brighton player and flew through the air into the box, two West Ham defenders stood looking at it and the keeper hesitated instead of coming and claiming it, they let it bounce and then nod it straight into the path of Gross.
Yep, but I was talking about being 3-1 down, so our second goal doesn't come into it.

Or maybe the third didn't have any luck - when the West Ham defender ducked out of the way of the cross, a second defender lets the ball bounce between his legs and 99 times out of a 100 the goal would have been ruled out for a handball.
99 times out of 100, even though it didn't touch his hand (or arm)? Harsh. And as above, I was only talking about being 3-1 down.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A draw was a fair result.

In the cold light of day, both teams need to look at their defences if they are to avoid relegation.
Strangely though Brighton seem to have more attacking options to get out of it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People with learning disabilities don’t get worse every week. your post is an ignorant cliche.

I think the poster had a problem distinguishing between a person with learning difficulties as in my brother in law, Ray who many know, and attends Ferring Country Centre and people who are considered normal but have difficulty in learning basic essentials through no medical reasoning.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fans were our man of the match, great performance! [emoji122]

Really??

I was there and thought we were as nervous as the team for the first half.
Difficult not to sing your heart out in the final half hour when it was clear that West Ham were collectively bricking it.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Really??

I was there and thought we were as nervous as the team for the first half.
Difficult not to sing your heart out in the final half hour when it was clear that West Ham were collectively bricking it.

I was high up at the halfway line on the opposite side and I thought you were great!

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
FAIR COMMENT FROM THE OBSERVER'S REPORTER

Beyond this being, from start to finish, tremendous entertainment there is a salient point for the killjoys. Quite simply, neither West Ham nor Brighton will be long for the Premier League if they carry on like this.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was high up at the halfway line on the opposite side and I thought you were great!

Well glad to hear that the lack of noise in the first half didn't come across.

It was quite embarrassing and ironic having "shall we sing a song for you" coming from West Ham fans... that was before we were losing!
Still they were pretty ****ing quiet for the last half hour. Which was glorious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here