Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hopefully next season as we cannot afford his mistakes this one unless he can play in the centre to replace Webster.

Bloody hell I pressed thumbs up by mistake now rectified

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Whilst I appreciate game is 90mins meltdown on here was justified at half time. We were terrible for 70mins. After 2 down a fantastic point but stand by my pre match comments that side selected was wrong.and gives fuel to those that Potter has no idea what his best side is. Great that Murray got goal but his movement and running no longer anywhere near Maupay and still find it hard to understand why he was selected ahead of him. Coming on for last 20mins is a different matter. I can only assume Murray played to help with defending corners etc. Mooy again wasted stuck out wide because Potter insists on playing Propper and Stephens in central position every game.
We are so easy to break quickly against. Lose the ball near there penalty area and within a minute it is at best 4 against 4 in our half

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I’m on HOLIDAY so can’t get to the game - thank goodness based on that selection.....and of course **** dry January anyway, I CANED it during January........and will be during the first week of Feb for that matter. 👍😁

Good on you Sir, having a few Hop 13s myself tonight!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shocked at just how many aren’t very pleased with that result

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Thank you Icy Gull and a few others for keeping the faith. Well done to GP for the brilliant(though not anticipated) subs of Schelotto and March. So glad for GP and the team. Who knows for sure whether we’ll survive but it sounded like there was only one team in it for the last 15 mins. Great for Murray too. Come on Albion!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Mooy was awful today. Stephens was very good. Take a rest fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not great because not a winger .Without doubt our best along with Alzate our best central midfielder. Wont happen because Potter never willing to move Propper or Stephens away from there. Once again what did Stephens contribute today

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Mooy was awful today. Stephens was very good. Take a rest fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephens was very good?!? He lost possession in dangerous areas which led to us coming under unwarranted pressure. He is the weakest link in this team alongside Webster.

Yes Mooy didn't have his best game but imagine we stuck Stephens on the wing. He would be useless. Mooy in the centre will be better with the ball and create more.

Watch Stephens closely - he often has space ahead of him but plays the ball back and kills momentum. Propper for example will spin and drive forward into that space. Stephens doesn't have the same awareness of space around him to be play CM at this level.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He really really wasn’t. Propper on the other hand.

Stephens made some great forward cross field passes and was tough in the midfield imo, had a good game. Propper was MOTM match by a margin though

I guess many that don’t like Stephens can’t see any good in his play....ever

Mooy was OK but not the standard he normally is.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The half time meltdown is definitely worth looking at, there is the reappearance of a few Potter haters too. They seem to have slunk off again fortunately.

Lots of egg on face for the usual suspects who seem to revel in bad results and performances although to be fair we did look doomed at 2-0 and my mate at the game said a few of our fans were squaring up to each other at half time.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I don't understand why Dunky takes the free kicks since the Liverpool cheeky quickie one.

Gross is a much better dead ball player. Potter should just hand it to Gross and not let him pull rank on the pitch.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't understand why Dunky takes the free kicks since the Liverpool cheeky quickie one.

Gross is a much better dead ball player. Potter should just hand it to Gross and not let him pull rank on the pitch.

Yep, wasn’t a bad one today though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Gross has scored so many times it’s madness......oh

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Apologies if fixtures but the west ham supporters near the right side of us were a bunch of homophobic morons. Why they were not ejected sooner is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here