Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Fan's letter to the board.

Sep 20, 2005
Decent letter, I wonder if the supporter is subscribing to SKY Sports?

If so he is partly responsible for the shameful rip off that is modern football.
This is the truth. If you have Sky Sports, you are part of the problem.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
According to the BBC Ricky Hatton has cancelled his box at Man City after they hiked the price from £22,000 to £39,000. One of these days Premier league clubs might realise that there's a limit to how many times they can rip their fans off. We shouldn't get smug though as the same sort of thing could happen here. Whilst we have a rich and generous benefactor Man City have a vastly more wealthy benefactor.

All the time Premier fans are wiling to accept the prices they're asked to pay then more fool them. A lot of people won't go to Withdean because of the cost, could Falmer have the same problem down the road ?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Trouble is they seem to keep finding people who will pay these prices and until that stops and attendances dry up the price will remain the same.

Spot on.

However, whilst Premiership prices are disgusting, they are not unjustifiable because all the time they are selling out the stadium at £50 a ticket, why would they sell the same seats for £30?

I know a West Ham fan who gave his son a choice between a replica shirt and a match ticket for his 9th birthday. The sensible kid chose the shirt "because that would last all season and West Ham would probably lose anyway".

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The average wage here in reading is 34k but hey you wouldn't think that and im sure its bollocks:laugh:

Its very worrying how clubs get away with silly prices in such hard times???
Its always been a lower to middle class sport and saly its changing.:rant:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Your getting even more funnier as the night goes on. He said that he brought a season ticket a Lewes FC and my reply to that was he could of brought one at the albion.

"He could of brought"

Honestly, I don't mean to be mean but I'm genuinely gobsmacked.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
By the way - the problem with trying to debate football ticket prices and market forces is that it's probably (along with illegal drugs) one of the most inelastic demands that economics knows.

Would love to see the reply to that letter.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
By the way - the problem with trying to debate football ticket prices and market forces is that it's probably (along with illegal drugs) one of the most inelastic demands that economics knows.

Would love to see the reply to that letter.

I would think that if they condescend to reply at all the writer will get a patronising couple of paragraphs packed with total bullshit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its always been a lower to middle class sport and saly its changing.:rant:

I cannot talk for the Premiership but IMHO I dont think the class of football has changed or is changing that much in the Football League. The game has certainly sifted out the monied 'lower to middle class', but this is all.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Whilst we're talking about wages, Our last regime (the icelandics) did some survey and worked out that the annual wage of the average WHU supporter was £60k pa :eek: . Maybe they were getting a bit muddled with the average IQ of a WH supporter...60 !!!! :whistle:

:lolol:

Is it average wage of a fan or a supporter who goes regularly? and with regards income how many are being honest about income? I know I never am :lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is the truth. If you have Sky Sports, you are part of the problem.
Just out of interest - why do you say that? One could argue that if they didn't get the money from Sky then the admission prices would be higher to cover the shortfall.

I'm NOT saying you're wrong BTW, but I'm abivalent towards Sky, I don't think they're the Great Satan that some people think they are.

PS - Yes I am a subscriber, but I don't watch the Premiership!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If born and bred West Ham supporters are having to pay these prices just to follow a team they have some connection with then I feel very sorry for them. If they live in Sussex and have no connection with WHU apart from the fact that they like to pose around wearing Upton Park merchandise whilst telling the world they are true football experts and going to one or two games a year then the more they pay the better as far as I'm concerned.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Er read Jevs reply.
Whilst the average West Ham fan will not earn more than the average BHA fan, WH can tap into the Dockland & City folk who earn considerably more.

i think you will find a lot of the 'Dockland and City Folk' are west ham fans already without being tapped into. Where do you think West Ham fans work? Pie and mash shops and in black cabs?

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
well, since you dare... its what the market will bare. until more people vote with their feet, it wont change. lets see if that game is sold out, i rather think it will be.

Exactly right. So this bloke thinks it is too expensive? Oh well, that frees up a couple of seats for those who don't. Sadly, there are still plenty of premierleague fans willing to pay over the odds. Until people stay away, prices will continue to rise. I expect these prices will seem cheap in a couple of years (unless it all goes tits up before then, of course. Here's hoping).

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

And petrol. But you're right: the tickets are that price because they can sell them at that price. After all if you're a 'loyal fan' you'll pay whatever it costs to watch your team. (Ditto spending £40-odd every couple of years on £2 worth of sweatshop-produced nylon. Triple that if you're going to buy home, away and 'change' shirts)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hopefully there will come a point when football fans realise that if it is so obscenely expensive, they won't actually go any more.

Something fairly drastic needs to happen with regards to the way the game is structured in order for it to change, and that will only come about after a season or two of declining gates at the highest level.

Whining on an internet blog isn't going to have an awful lot of impact, but collectively not bothering to go to a game might.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whining on an internet blog isn't going to have an awful lot of impact, but collectively not bothering to go to a game might.

We all admire your personal sacrifice, in being at the very VANGUARD of this protest, over the last three years :thumbsup:

:jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
i think you will find a lot of the 'Dockland and City Folk' are west ham fans already without being tapped into. Where do you think West Ham fans work? Pie and mash shops and in black cabs?

Well done, I'm glad somebody got the point !

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just out of interest - why do you say that? One could argue that if they didn't get the money from Sky then the admission prices would be higher to cover the shortfall.

I'm NOT saying you're wrong BTW, but I'm abivalent towards Sky, I don't think they're the Great Satan that some people think they are.

PS - Yes I am a subscriber, but I don't watch the Premiership!

you don't watch the premiership.....f*** me you are one weird mother ain't ya...???

fair play to the bloke for taking the time to write the letter BTW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here