Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham away will be f***ing carnage!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
i can just see it now (from the away end!:lolol: ;) ) - there is going to be brighton mixed up in the home ends all round the ground and i can just see it being a f***ing nightmare and all kicking off is someone is stupid enough to cheer from there "WHEN" we score!

it is a f***ing discrace that we cannot get more tickets - and i think west ham and us will be very sorry for not doing so by the time the game has finished!

:smokin:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Its got "Kick Off Delayed by 15mins" written all over it, mainly due to the shite trains deciding not to run that day.....2 hours from Shoreham -> Victoria?!? WTF?!?!

As for the away fans in the Home end....is that where the Giant Flags gonna go? :D

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You will stick out like sore thumbs before the match with your lack of Stone Island jackets and not going the correct words to "I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk".......so watch it!

Romford

Oct 31, 2004
El Presidente said:
You will stick out like sore thumbs before the match with your lack of Stone Island jackets and not going the correct words to "I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk".......so watch it!

More Prada and Gucci with us actually.....

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Still cannot understand WestHams view on this. It is not as if they sell-out or anything. Even if they sell them on the gate at an extra charge, they must know that the home end will have a large number of Brighton fans in it.

Hydro Driven

Nov 1, 2004
Brighton
I bet the home stands are not even full!!! They were just scard because they didn't want to many of THE BEAT FANS IN THE COUNTRY!!!!! Anyone agree?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
FFS...you were offered the extra tickets but you chose not to take them.

Due to this reason, i would now presume the blocks that you could have bought are now allocated to home fans.

Your support is welcome at UP but if you start giving it the big one in the home end, your safety cannot be guaranteed

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You cannot blame West Ham for this, BHAFC did not put the money up front - bearing in mind 5% goes to away team on away sales it is money missed (again).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:
You cannot blame West Ham for this, BHAFC did not put the money up front - bearing in mind 5% goes to away team on away sales it is money missed (again).

Not really, the Albion would have to put up front £24,000 in order to make a maximum of £1200. If we sold less than 950 of these we would have lost money.

The Albion at present can't even afford to buy a round of drinks, let alone stump up 24 grand in advance.

They underestimated demand, it was an error, but not made with any Macchievelian intent as some seem to accuse them of.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
True but sometimes it pays to know your market a bit better.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
El Presidente said:
Not really, the Albion would have to put up front £24,000 in order to make a maximum of £1200. If we sold less than 950 of these we would have lost money.

The Albion at present can't even afford to buy a round of drinks, let alone stump up 24 grand in advance.

They underestimated demand, it was an error, but not made with any Macchievelian intent as some seem to accuse them of.

good point El Pres but at times the club appears to be being run like a social club, not a business where keeping your customers happy is paramount.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
timbha said:
good point El Pres but at times the club appears to be being run like a social club, not a business where keeping your customers happy is paramount.

Good sentiments but you can only keep customers happy when you have the facilities to do it.

We haven't. We are existing hand to mouth at the moment and begging the customers to help out with donations.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree with Yorkie here. When we have the facilities to keep everyone happy then we can be a touch more critical if the club fail to do this.

I think that everyone at the club is doing a great job in very difficult circumstances and the risk of non returnable tickets was too great and could have backfired badly had the club been stuck with 1,000 unsold tickets.

I nearly missed out on tickets and would have been gutted. But it would have been my own fault for not getting aplication off in time. Not the clubs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Without revealing too much, the club is severely Skint, the Inland Revenue could easily issue a winding up order, and only some delicate negotiations and a sympathetic local Inspector of Taxes have prevented this from happening.

The club DOES NOT HAVE £24,000 in it's bank account to send to West Ham in advance of the game, end of story.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On the basis of the Sunderland match we will struggle to get into the final third of the pitch, let alone score, so the chances of it kicking off can't be too high.

I went in the Leeds Kop in 1980/81 when the Albion played there, that was scary with a capital 'F' :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here