Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham away will be f***ing carnage!

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Just thought. What do you lads think on your way up to Victoria for away games as you pass the Premier League venue that is the mighty Selhurst Park?
Jealousy? Envy? Do you feel yourselves turning green,wishing you didn't support a mickey mouse outfit?
Ahh,yes. I thought so.
Will we ever play you again??

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Croydon...home of Nestlé.

Other facts about this glamorous part of London...

Population: 331000

Croydon, town in the Borough of Croydon, London, England. Part of Greater London, Croydon lies 16 km (10 mi) south of the capital and is at the head of the River Wandle on the North Downs. It is the largest office and retail centre in south-east England outside central London. Recent developments include a cultural and arts centre, the Clocktower, which opened in 1994, and a new urban light rail system, Croydon Tramlink, which began operation in May 2000.

Croydon (Saxon, “crooked valley” or “saffron valley”) is listed in the Domesday Book as being in the possession of Lanfranc, the Archbishop of Canterbury, who built a palace that served as the summer residence for successive archbishops, from the late 11th century until 1781. From 1276 a weekly market was held in the town and Croydon began to develop as an urban centre and as one of the main market towns of eastern Surrey. In the late 18th century, Croydon was a popular halt on the road south from London to Brighton. In 1803 the first public goods railway opened, followed by the Croydon Canal six years later, and then the London and Croydon Railway in 1839. In 1883 Croydon was incorporated as a borough.

In 1920 Croydon Aerodrome opened as London's official airport, but was closed in 1959 due to its small capacity and services were transferred to Heathrow.

Examples of fine Croydon architecture:
TL30.jpg

croydon_fairfield.jpg

LunarHouse.jpg

croydon.jpg

DSC01049_JPG.jpg

Yeah wow, what a stadium :nono:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
El Presidente said:
I went in the Leeds Kop in 1980/81 when the Albion played there, that was scary with a capital 'F' :dunce:

I was there :eek:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
El Presidente said:
The club DOES NOT HAVE £24,000 in it's bank account to send to West Ham in advance of the game, end of story.

IT WOULD HAVE IF IT GOT THE APPLICATIONS IN BEFORE IT APPLIED FOR THE TICKETS.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I wonder whether the club could have done a deal with the likes of Ticketmaster, who I'm sure would have taken on the risk for a reasonable profit.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
El Presidente said:
Without revealing too much, the club is severely Skint, the Inland Revenue could easily issue a winding up order, and only some delicate negotiations and a sympathetic local Inspector of Taxes have prevented this from happening.

The club DOES NOT HAVE £24,000 in it's bank account to send to West Ham in advance of the game, end of story.

Yes but surely it would of been easier to negotiate with West Ham than the inland revenue!!

Us as fans have done everything the club has asked and more to keep the club going, it seems now they are taking the piss out of us by depriving us of watching our team!!

Why cant they negotiate with West Ham on the sale of tickets.

Maybe I am being a bit harsh without knowing the full details of what West Ham are offering.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
essexeagle said:
Just thought. What do you lads think on your way up to Victoria for away games as you pass the Premier League venue that is the mighty Selhurst Park?

Upturned barrel?

Sainsbury?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Yorkie said:
I was there :eek:

I was in the Upton Park home end when we played them last time. Mike Small was getting 90 minutes of abuse from those racist low life. Ironic that they bought him at the end of the season. Still, they need someone to shout abuse at rather than get behind their team. They've always been renowned for getting on the backs of their players (currently BZ and Harewood). Lets hope we go for the point and nick all three by scoring in added time, by when the muppets will have already left to get ready for an evening of kkk pleasure.

Oct 5, 2003
r the home side allowed to do this insist we pay upfront surely thats the key to this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here