West Brom Snowball

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Throwing water at someone !!!!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Because snowballs don't hurt. :facepalm:

I was hit in the eye with a compacted snowball when I was 7 and was temporarily blinded. 10 days in a Finnish hospital with both eyes covered while they, successfully, saved it. I was very unlucky, but at least it gave me the opportunity to make a sanctimonious post like this. I've had loads of snowball fights since so no mental scars and my eyesight is really good at 54 which disproves another myth. A life ban seems harsh.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
How things have changed! Watch from about 5.20.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How is it differnet to throwing a coin or bottle at him?

It's made of snow, a very soft texture that couldn't hurt anyone. More similar to throwing a towel than a coin or bottle.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The days when the game went ahead if at all possible and the fans still turned out in big numbers when it was a bit chilly. The FA Cup meant so much more then. Happy days!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I remember that game, it went to many replays. I used to listen under the covers on my little radio. Arsenal had full strength teams out too. Good days.

I made it 4 of those went on to the Goldtone. Gatting, Young, Stapleton & Brady (as manager).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
How is it differnet to throwing a coin or bottle at him?

At the school where I work the kids were having a brilliant snowball fight on Friday afternoon. The teachers got involved.

Do you know, I don't think that it would have been quite so much fun if it was a coin fight. Or a bottle fight.

Feb 14, 2010
At the school where I work the kids were having a brilliant snowball fight on Friday afternoon. The teachers got involved.

Do you know, I don't think that it would have been quite so much fun if it was a coin fight. Or a bottle fight.

Is that before you went home at 3pm whilst the rest of us were working?

Feb 14, 2010
You really are a total cock aren't you? Call yourself Working Class Pride but keep spouting the same old Daily Mail anti-teacher agenda. Pitiful.

No mate, I just wish working class kids had the opportunity of a decent education. You see working class people raised with how parents and grandparents worked all hours and had numerous jobs just think certain people could work a little harder. No offence intended and I expect I dislike the dail mail more than you.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No mate, I just wish working class kids had the opportunity of a decent education. You see working class people raised with how parents and grandparents worked all hours and had numerous jobs just think certain people could work a little harder. No offence intended and I expect I dislike the dail mail more than you.

I doubt that. As a very hard working teacher, who spends a ridiculously large amount of time striving to give working class kids the best education possible (and despite what the tory media try to tell you, this is the norm), I object to your lazy assumption that teachers don't care, and just want to go home. Just utter bollocks.

Feb 14, 2010
I doubt that. As a very hard working teacher, who spends a ridiculously large amount of time striving to give working class kids the best education possible (and despite what the tory media try to tell you, this is the norm), I object to your lazy assumption that teachers don't care, and just want to go home. Just utter bollocks.

That is the problem, a workforce that expects the summer off because of a historical reason of the summer harvest and a holiday after every 7/8 weeks actually tells itself that it works hard. I think we should agree to differ. The way education is going, the market will resolve this anyway. In 10/15 years time all schools will be private (but fees paid by the state). All schools will likely compete with each other and schools will have to live and die by results and how they compete with one another. Then the views of the staff will be less important and the needs of the customers, will be the driving force. Labour will sadly let working class kids down when they oppose this but when it happens they will not reverse it, because standards for working class kids will improve.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That is the problem, a workforce that expects the summer off because of a historical reason of the summer harvest and a holiday after every 7/8 weeks actually tells itself that it works hard. I think we should agree to differ. The way education is going, the market will resolve this anyway. In 10/15 years time all schools will be private (but fees paid by the state). All schools will likely compete with each other and schools will have to live and die by results and how they compete with one another. Then the views of the staff will be less important and the needs of the customers, will be the driving force. Labour will sadly let working class kids down when they oppose this but when it happens they will not reverse it, because standards for working class kids will improve.

We will, as you say, agree to differ. You know nothing of a teacher's workload as your ignorant comments about holidays show. Our work does not end when the children go home, and our working hours during term time are huge. And schools are under enormous pressure to succeed now, we don't have to wait 10 or 15 years for the Thatcherite "utopia" that you crave.

The needs of the children are the driving force NOW. Why do you think people become teachers? Everything that we do is to try to give kids a future that has hope and a chance of success. I don' t know what you do, but would not presume to know how your industry should be run. Why do you presume to know more about how education should be run than I do?

Both ignorant and arrogant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here