Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Brom release Joe Mattock

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rude not to, thought he looked very solid last season.

Nicky Shorey released too!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
No brainer for Mattock really, get him in. How old is he? Just wondering is compo is needed?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No brainer for Mattock really, get him in. How old is he? Just wondering is compo is needed?

He's 21 (according to wiki), but no compensation is relevant if they've released him. He's a completely free agent.

I'm surprised he's that young. I thought he was about 25. I'd be even more keen to sign him, on that basis - great potential.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Seeing as its said for every other player - "he could do a job". We really must get in there and sign him - must be appealing to Gus as he was good when he was on loan here and now we wont have to pay a transfer fee, its a lot easier. Would have thought a good few other clubs will be after him too.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At last some good news today. let's go get him. At £0 he's certainly in our price range. Funnily enough I get the feeling that the management prefer GJR instead.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Would be a fantastic signing. I have been a supporter of Painter but I do not think he can fulfill the tasks at hand in comparison to Mattock. Sorry, Painter!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I would of thought that he has already been offered to BHA, before releasing him for free.

Unless of course a good bluff by us .......

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We will need to be very quick off the mark before he attracts other offers but I would be surprised if something hadn't already been put in place and hopefully we will hear within 24 hours!. Wouldn't say no to Shorey either

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Get him signed up quick Gus! I think there will plenty of other clubs looking at him, really impressed with his performances for us. Pretty confident he would rather join us than a lot of other clubs in the Championship, played well and enjoyed his time here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here