Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Brom release Joe Mattock

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Joe would do for me, fantastic player at this level, with a mentor like Tanno he can only get better imo

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
If we can't afford his £22k a week, then why the hell have we been after him for a year!

???

we were hoping that he would take a cut,this is whwn he was at ipswich,is that ok for you,
either way people on here naming players that are on,over 15 grand a week,it wont happen imo

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I think we might have a job offering him enough dosh. I expect when he was on loan to us WBA paid a good proportion of his rumoured £22000 a week. I expect that we would likely pay about half of that and if so he would be half a million a year worse off coming to us.

If I was him I would get my agent to at least check what might be on offer elsewhere.

Dont forget Gus is always going on about our salary cap and unless things have changed radically I think we are always going to struggle in these sort of deals.

Having said all that I would really like to get him on board asap.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think we might have a job offering him enough dosh. I expect when he was on loan to us WBA paid a good proportion of his rumoured £22000 a week. I expect that we would likely pay about half of that and if so he would be half a million a year worse off coming to us.

If I was him I would get my agent to at least check what might be on offer elsewhere.

Dont forget Gus is always going on about our salary cap and unless things have changed radically I think we are always going to struggle in these sort of deals.

Having said all that I would really like to get him on board asap.

I would be surprised if he was on quite that much at West Brom. They are not renowned as the highest payers and that would be close to top whacks for them. In his one season as first choice left back they were in the Championship so my guess is his salary might have been geared accordingly. That said he is almost certainly on more than most of our squad but will know that he is going to have to take a pay cut to get a contract. The usual trade-off is the level of the signing on fee as I believe Glenn Murray would attest.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Has Gus gone on his holidays yet? all very quiet within the camp?

No news on players going oe being transfered listed (apart from Navs and GK's)
No news on tour fixtures even though they said it would be confirmed last week?

Joe Mattock, really rated him. Sign him please

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
are you sure he's only 21, thought he was older than that.... been at Leicester, West Brom, Pompey and only 21?

I heard he had some troubles before, What did he get done for ?

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Apparently his not good enough for MK Dons. Just looked at their forum, the concrete roundabout. Seems his been released from Leicester......

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4526

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here