Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you there when Beckham made his Man Utd debut

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was in the South Stand right up by the fence next to the away end with my dad. It was aces.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In the north stand

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I love the chant of "Who the f***ing hell are you?" which greeted him. He sure showed us, now didn't he! :jester:

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yup. Came on for Danny Wallace if I recall correctly. Didn't do much. He was loaned out to Preston North End shortly afterwards.

League Cup 2nd Round, 1st Leg match against Manchester United. It should have been played at Old Trafford, but the Tories were in town, and the police couldn't cope with the extra requirements, so they swapped the two legs around - as it were.

Game finished 1-1, Matthew Edwards scored for us. They won 1-0 up there. The main thing about Old Trafford I remember was how arrogant and ignorant heir fans were - really up their own arses. But I suppose that's Basingstoke for you.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
North stand for me. Well track in front to be exact;)

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Yeah, I was there! Wasn't that the 1-1 game, when Matty Edwards scored?

Also, didn't they get Beckham's name wrong when they announced the substitution?

:jester:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
In the chicken run with my GODFATHER and my mate.

:thumbsup:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The Large One said:
The main thing about Old Trafford I remember was how arrogant and ignorant heir fans were - really up their own arses. But I suppose that's Basingstoke for you.

:lolol: :lolol:

I wasnt at the game :down:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes in the North Stand.

If you watch video footage you can just about hear "Who the f*** are you" as he comes on...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was at the game and remember NOTHING about Beckham, it ws years afterwards that I heard it was Beckham's debut.

I must have been a bit like the guy who asked if he could pay half price as he'd only come to watch one team :jester:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brighton till i die said:
wasnt the reply @ old trafford 1-0 where giggs scorred from a free kick after about 77mins. And they had a goal dis-allowed too if my memory serves me right?!?!?
It wasn't the replay, it was the second leg. Or to be precise, the first leg, which happened to be played after the second leg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here