Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were we better off 40 years ago?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
'Nicer place?'I was in the army,in Ulster 40 years ago!Mark you,some of the women were the friendliest I've ever met:p

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The sh1t most of the time!Royal Engineers.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm easily old enough to remember 40 years ago and no we most certainly were not. Three TV Channels, inferior roads and public transport, most of the above applies although we did have cheap flights then. Mind you, you'd have been hard pushed to get a curry back then, we only had Wimpy if you wanted a burger as well.

yeah thats all true but did we know anything better, we just accepted it, when i was younger spent most of my time outside not on the Pc's gamestations etc etc like they do these days ... we were certainly leaner then

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ummmm. You still have milk delivered to the door... and they still do coffee ice cream at morroccos. Go to a greengrocers if you want friendly service, the man at the top of my road is lovely and throws in a few bananas - non of which are packaged in plastic by the way.

Just becuase you dont find these things for yourself doesnt mean they arent still there. If you want them to stay, support them with your business rather than moaning.
Er sorry,perhaps you have a little trouble reading.Nowhere in my post am I'm moaning about life,just stating facts as they are around here.Do you honestly believe there is a Morroccos everywhere,the nearest one to me is over twenty miles away.Milk deliveries were stopped here years ago.I do go to the local greengrocers,but in general you will find most shops/stores pack foodstuff in plastic.There are probably items on sale here that you cannot get round your way.BTW I lived (and was born) in Brighton (and Hove actually) long before you were born (unless of course you're over 73) and that area has completely changed. Ignoring the "Bring back coffee ice cream" please read the last 24 words of my post.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ummmm. You still have milk delivered to the door... and they still do coffee ice cream at morroccos. Go to a greengrocers if you want friendly service, the man at the top of my road is lovely and throws in a few bananas - non of which are packaged in plastic by the way.

Just becuase you dont find these things for yourself doesnt mean they arent still there. If you want them to stay, support them with your business rather than moaning.
Who is moaning? Sorry if you think making a statement on how life is round here is moaning.Not everywhere is there a Morroccos.Anyway forget the "Bring back coffee ice cream" and have another read of the last 24 words,maybe this time you will understand.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I lived - in - Hove actually - and that area has completely changed.

For the better or for worse in your view?

I live in Hove and think it has changed for the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here