Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’re hurting, but we’re not down and out yet!

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
Feeling very negative and I can't see where the points we need are coming from. Difficult home games and we are shit away? Please someone convince me otherwise...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Man; today sucked but it all felt so inevitable, almost predictable - playing the wrong game against a manager who excels at sitting deep and picking off teams who try to football through two banks of four... sure, it was flat yet we did create a number of clear chances. Upon reflection, on another day, we would have surely won.

So now we’re down, (relegated) in the minds of the pundits, neutrals and our own, our very own negative noodles.... are we? Tonight we sit roughly where I think we’ll finish, we’re not in the bottom three nor will we finish there. Why?

I have a theory, that if we’d won today, it actually would have spelled disaster ... we would have started to get cocksure again, and fancied ourselves ‘safe.’ Now I expect a reaction, paradoxically too on the back of this result, I see Alzate, Lamps and Big Mac all playing a key role as early as next week... these are all good potential outcomes of today’s gut wrenching result.

There’s miles to go, and I still believe we’ll do something special against one or indeed two of the upcoming ‘giant’ clubs... it’s always been our way :)

We lost the battle today but not the war!

Over to the players to deliver an overdue reaction and perhaps, ironically, we can all thank Palace for waking the players up and demonstrating the importance of being clinical.

Peace be the journey x
I hope so - I want you to be right. Struggle to believe tonight. The worst thing is GP saying we are unlucky every week. If it happens every game it isn’t bad luck.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Feeling very negative and I can't see where the points we need are coming from. Difficult home games and we are shit away? Please someone convince me otherwise...

Regrettably this - the manager has no passion or spark in interviews. What does that tell the players?

He is more of an Accountant personality than a Manager.

Clearly out of his depth - in so many errors & we gave the useless tool an extended contract !

I can barely remember our wins this season. Still we play some nice passing football.

We are going down

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only team in all 4 divisions not to have won in 2020

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah we going to get out of this slump with two new players not even making the bench.why did we pay £800,00 to release macalister from his loan contract if we don’t utilise him. Same fit Lampey I’m honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Stephens is our only leader imo apart from Duffy

Considering who played today, I agree with you. Somehow Dunk performs better as a leader when Duffy is with him. Murray is a leader too (but his personal impact is more limited now), but we desperately need leadership from midfield/defence. And...at the moment, that feels like it. The other players are looking for leadership - maybe some will grow into leaders, but the team line up is changed so often that that won't happen this season.
Trossard was captain of his previous club...really?!?!?! He's new here and seems to expect others to lead for him. It's poor. We need Duffy back with Dunk (even if Duffy is NOT as good a ball player as Webster) because we need our D and D leaders functioning again.
Potter talks about players who have character/presence/personality etc...but he rarely plays Duffy, and now (marmite) Stephens needs to earn the shirt again.
Personally, I think the squad's heads are in a bit of a mess, and I don't see a consistent plan to try to get us out of this.
Hold on to your seat for the next team selection...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think you’re going to struggle to get many wins in your remaining games.
You’ll be relying on teams below you not winning.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We're not down and out yet because it's not mathematically certain, but it will be soon if things don't change

Palace aren't very good either but Woy used his experience well against a naïve manager.

It doesn't help we don't have the quality in areas we need to make that little bit of difference.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
To all those who are choosing to see only the dark and not the points of light that bring beauty to our celestial skies, I say only this; I’m just trying to be positive, not telling you how to think... I love the club, as we all do, and I’m choosing to support from now until the end of this campaign. To cheer, and support the mistakes to encourage improvement not shout with fists clenched in impotent rage.

I just need some light.

Have a heart and let the star shine just a little longer.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Man; today sucked but it all felt so inevitable, almost predictable - playing the wrong game against a manager who excels at sitting deep and picking off teams who try to football through two banks of four... sure, it was flat yet we did create a number of clear chances. Upon reflection, on another day, we would have surely won.

So now we’re down, (relegated) in the minds of the pundits, neutrals and our own, our very own negative noodles.... are we? Tonight we sit roughly where I think we’ll finish, we’re not in the bottom three nor will we finish there. Why?

I have a theory, that if we’d won today, it actually would have spelled disaster ... we would have started to get cocksure again, and fancied ourselves ‘safe.’ Now I expect a reaction, paradoxically too on the back of this result, I see Alzate, Lamps and Big Mac all playing a key role as early as next week... these are all good potential outcomes of today’s gut wrenching result.

There’s miles to go, and I still believe we’ll do something special against one or indeed two of the upcoming ‘giant’ clubs... it’s always been our way :)

We lost the battle today but not the war!

Brilliant, stirring stuff. Do you know the words to Land of Hope and Glory too? :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
With Watford and Norwich winning and Bmuff drawing our cushion has gone.
If we don't get a positive result very soon, we are down.
Sure it will happen when I come over for the Arsenal game.

If not, I am looking forward to seeing our academy players in the championship after selling most of the squad that got us relegated.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
With Watford and Norwich winning and Bmuff drawing our cushion has gone.
If we don't get a positive result very soon, we are down.
Sure it will happen when I come over for the Arsenal game.

If not, I am looking forward to seeing our academy players in the championship after selling most of the squad that got us relegated.

Our squad, with the exception of Dunk, are worth nothing.........who is going to buy them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here