Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're gonna do it!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I don't know what's happened to me today, but all of a sudden I think England can win the World Cup. I've been as negative as anyone after the poor performances, but I've just got this feeling today that we're going to go on and win the bloody thing!!

COME ON ENGLAND!!! :clap2:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
dont worry, we still have the rest of the week to go before the match, plenty of time to retrieve your negative feelings

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
We all know that England can play better than what we have shown so far. No matter what formation we play - the players we have still have the ability to not only pass a ball, but also show a bit of passion when it's needed.

The bigger games will bring out the best of England. It will also help playing against teams that might actually be trying to win the game as well, rather than just trying to see out the 90 minutes and then rushing to get Becks' shirt for their kids.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
If we do Portugal on Sat the nation will go MENTAL. A world cup semi - not had one of those since football became fashionable so for the first time we'll see the whole country go FOOTBALL CRAZY!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Have taken heart from the France performance last night. They have been shocking all tournament and came good when it mattered. f***ing come on England.
:clap2:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Commander said:
Have taken heart from the France performance last night. They have been shocking all tournament and came good when it mattered. f***ing come on England.

Spot on!!!

Lets spread some positivity, Saturday is gonna be radio f***ing rental!!!!

:clap2: :drink:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Commander said:

Exactly. Anything can happen. Remember Spain's first game - they tonked Ukraine 4-0. Everyone was raving potential winners, glorious football, goalfest frenzy, the beautiful game, puts England to shame, Ukraine an embarrasment... blah blah...

Now Spain are going home and Ukraine are in the quarterfinals.

Of course I'd love England to be playing stunning beautiful football, but as this shows: staying in the competition is unpredictable and ultimately more important.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We should play the sweeper system.

Get Mark Wright playing sweeper.

oh, hang on. Shite, I'm 16 years too late...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
My money is very firmly on England and has been from the start. Nothing I have seen since has changed that view. Probably from the heart rather than the head, but I think our name is on that trophy this time.

It was crucial that we won our group. That way we would only have to play one from Argentina, Germany, Brazil, Italy, France and Spain before the final.

We should be able to beat Portugal - and we are due a win against then - especially with a few players missing from their team. Brazil and France are both definitely beatable - I was sorry to see Spain go out for obvious reasons but from England's point of view I think they would have been the hardest for us to beat.

That leaves the final - presumably Germany or Argentina. And in a one-off anything is possible.

Can we do it? - certainly.

Will we do it? - I've though for ages that this is our best chance for years. So yes, I have a feeling we will.

And I look forward to Sven's reaction - and the reaction of the press - when Walcott comes on and scores the winner in extra time!

Arise, Sir Sven :clap2:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
smudge said:
I don't know what's happened to me today, but all of a sudden I think England can win the World Cup. I've been as negative as anyone after the poor performances, but I've just got this feeling today that we're going to go on and win the bloody thing!!

Not a chance. Sorry.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Re: Re: We're gonna do it!

goldstone said:
Not a chance. Sorry.

Bollocks. We are in the Quarter Finals of the World Cup. Every team in it has looked beatable. Of course we have a chance.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
ah i see, your going on the "weve been shit so far, so we must start playing good and win it scenario !...."

mmm im not as confident as you sadly.

we can do it, its just wether we will...

COME ON ENGLAND

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Re: Re: We're gonna do it!

goldstone said:
Not a chance. Sorry.

Mate...don't talk shite....what possible explanation can u give for that negative tripe your typing......apart from trying to wind-up the rest of us?

Have you been watching The World Cup..?
It's been on telly a lot lately....
Give us ONE good reason, why we can't beat Portugal, Brazil and then probably Argentina?

Lastly, not Scottish are you?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We can, and we will win it. The dream final (for me anyway) of England vs Germany is still on. To beat Germany in the final, on their own patch will finally once and for all out paid to all talk of 1966.

BRING IT ON
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

*note to self - Book Monday 10th July off work*

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
smudge said:

You must be drunk.........

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
I am very nervous about saturday's game. don't know why... but i just feel jittery about it

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Nothing i have seen us do in this world cup so far should convince me of thinking "yea, i reckon we've got a chance", but i can't help but have this funny little niggling feeling in the back of my head since way before the tournament even started that this is our year. Despite Sven and his inadequacies, the players are good enough and have enough heart to carry him.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Re: Re: Re: We're gonna do it!

Commander said:
Every team in it has looked beatable.

Yes, every team has indeed looked beatable. Unfortunately, England have looked it more so than most other sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here