Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're gonna do it!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Re: Re: Re: Re: We're gonna do it!

Grendel said:
Yes, every team has indeed looked beatable. Unfortunately, England have looked it more so than most other sides.

I dunno if we have looked that beatable. Ive already likened us to Chris Eubank - we havent looked amazing but each time we've done what we've had to do and like him will raise our game against better opposition. Only for 35 minutes against Paraguay have we IMO been over-ran and been in danger of not getting the required/expected result.

Can we win it?

Course we bloody can. :clap2: :clap2:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: We're gonna do it!

chez said:
I dunno if we have looked that beatable. Ive already likened us to Chris Eubank - we havent looked amazing but each time we've done what we've had to do and like him will raise our game against better opposition. Only for 35 minutes against Paraguay have we IMO been over-ran and been in danger of not getting the required/expected result.

Can we win it?

Course we bloody can. :clap2: :clap2:

Well said, not peaking to early in The World Cup is essential. Just look at Argentina: they beat Serbia & Montenegro 6-0 but had to wait for a wonder goal in extra time to beat Mexico. We still have our big performance to come.

Also people say we have looked shakey defensively but we have only conceded 2 goals. That is better than most teams.

EnglanD to beat Germany 7-6 in a penalty shoot out. Walcott with the winning penalty!

COME ON ENGLAND!!

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think we will get to the Final and meet Germany, I looked at the fixtures and the way the teams have been playing, it really is possible. Argentina peaked too early and haven't looked quite as convincing since, Brazil don't look as good as they did 4 years ago and may well run out of steam when faced by a team who up the tempo a little. We have undoubtedly not reached our potential, doing just enough to get past whoever our opponent was at the time, Germany on the other hand seem to be going from strength to strength and vindicating Klinsmanns' policy for playing youth.

I fancy us to beat Germany 1-0 in the final with Lampard scoring a stunner from about 30 yards out.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Gully said:

I fancy us to beat Germany 1-0 in the final with Lampard scoring a stunner from about 30 yards out.

Sven will probably have dropped him by then due to pressure from the public and press.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here