Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We're gay and we're beating you....

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
People complain that we only have 4 songs, none of which are unique.
Then people complain that our unique, and rather funny songs are cringe worthy and shameful.
God you lot are annoying.

I've never heard us sing it when opposition fans haven't aimed homophobic chants at us first.

For what it's worth, I think it's HILARIOUS.

this

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I honestly don't know why we don't do this sort of pre-emptive chant more often. Sure I remember a few years back at Leeds we started singing "Does your boyfriend know you're here" and "We can see you holding hands" at the home fans after a couple of minutes. The look of confusion on their faces was priceless and completely negates any sort of comeback. Seriously, what can they sing at us now?

Also sure we did something similar at Sheff Utd (Leon Knight injury-time winner game?) when we couldn't seem to get any banter going with the home fans, so started singing "Does our boyfriend know we're here?"

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
They are funny chants and all and I think it's great to see the home fans faces when we do sing them.

But it wasn't too long ago people were complaining about the amount of homophobic chanting that does go on against us. Surely singing these songs is just promoting that and kind of treads on any case we might have to complain about it in future. Probably way off but just got me thinking.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I honestly don't know why we don't do this sort of pre-emptive chant more often. Sure I remember a few years back at Leeds we started singing "Does your boyfriend know you're here" and "We can see you holding hands" at the home fans after a couple of minutes. The look of confusion on their faces was priceless and completely negates any sort of comeback. Seriously, what can they sing at us now?

Also sure we did something similar at Sheff Utd (Leon Knight injury-time winner game?) when we couldn't seem to get any banter going with the home fans, so started singing "Does our boyfriend know we're here?"

That Sheff Utd game was hilarious, I remember it well. The singing that day was top notch.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
They are funny chants and all and I think it's great to see the home fans faces when we do sing them.

But it wasn't too long ago people were complaining about the amount of homophobic chanting that does go on against us. Surely singing these songs is just promoting that and kind of treads on any case we might have to complain about it in future. Probably way off but just got me thinking.

Well it certainly prompted Palace when you were ahead, didn't it? It's amazing how many games this season albion have scored firsst and then been pegged back. Might be a case of your chanting stirring the oppo up more than yours.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Well it certainly prompted Palace when you were ahead, didn't it? It's amazing how many games this season albion have scored firsst and then been pegged back. Might be a case of your chanting stirring the oppo up more than yours.

I'm not sure our defensive frailties has anything to do with gay chants?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Thinking about this further would Calderon and Vicente see the irony I wonder? To hear your own fans branding you "malecons" might inhibit their enthusiasm ...

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
That was very funny, I expected the usual arms outstretched reply from the 'wall but there was nothing other than genuine confusion, I dont think I heard another gay chant from them for the rest of the night.

Keep it up I say.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just wonder if the people who object to us using the 'gay' chants also object to the word 'Gay' in GOSBTS?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I was in with the home fans on Tuesday, and almost without exception the "I wanna go home" song, really got under their skin.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Love it, made me laugh out loud, most millwall fans found it funny, the older millwall fans felt slightly uncomfortable and confused.

:safeway:

Singing 'We're gay and we're beating you' and 'You're f*cking curious' to Milwall fans was spot on
However 'You're too ugly to be gay' chant is very stale now almost as stale as others fans singing gay songs to us

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Singing 'We're gay and we're beating you' and 'You're f*cking curious' to Milwall fans was spot on
However 'You're too ugly to be gay' chant is very stale now almost as stale as others fans singing gay songs to us

trouble is new chants get ridiculed so it's a case of vicious circles.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Just think of the whispers on the pitch though, all the oppo will start winding the Albion players up "Your fans say you're gay" etc. And it will stir their players up in the (alleged) homophobic world of the dressing-room.

Don't forget how many points you have lost recently as the other clubs come back from behind...or is that wish-fulfillment??:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here