Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"were all in this together" "

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It is only a matter of time before this government is brought to its knees. David Miliband might have to come back but it is only a matter of time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which question: Do people pay taxes because they have to? Or: Do people pay taxes because they want to help the poor?

I would not say to help the poor but I get the gist of what you're saying. I do not pay taxes because I have to, because I want to. I also have direct debits to other organisations I like to give money to.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What did they spunk vasts amounts up the wall on then?

Two wars that any party would have got involved in no matter what they say now and bailing out the banks.
Well it started with £789 million on the millennium dome,£825 million aid over three years to India( a country with nuclear weapons and a space programme), brown even managed to find £ 50 odd million to help 'impoverished' china cut its co2 emissions for fucks sake £ 5.6 billion on failed computer projects, £1.6 billion on management consultants just for starters, do you want me to go on ? i'm sure there's more i can dig up.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well it started with £789 million on the millennium dome,£825 million aid over three years to India( a country with nuclear weapons and a space programme), brown even managed to find £ 50 odd million to help 'impoverished' china cut its co2 emissions for fucks sake £ 5.6 billion on failed computer projects, £1.6 billion on management consultants just for starters, do you want me to go on ? i'm sure there's more i can dig up.

You forgot the few billion they'd already spent on ID cards before it was scrapped.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What did they spunk vasts amounts up the wall on then?

Two wars that any party would have got involved in no matter what they say now and bailing out the banks.

thats a good question, where exactly is government spending £150billion more than it recieves? btw, bailing the banks cost about £76billion in 2009, so the deficit for this year has nothing to do with bailing out banks. just budgeted overspending from the previous two or three finance bills.

franks brother

One can really trust politicians.

There is a solid reason why this country is called rip off Britain.

Fom train fares to payment processing charges. The consumer bodies in this country lack the balls or teeth to take companies to task.

Cameron is a clueless **** and the rest of the cabinet inc. such luminaries as Baroness Varsi are millionaires so all this 'we're in together ' bollocks is starting to wear thin

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
All this fuss over just a 2.5% increase in VAT, anyone would think its a hike of 20%.

Why are the Labour party putting such a negative spin on this neccessary increase? - Are they trying to scare people into not spending and making the whole situation worse that it needs to be

Surely the country is in need and it is a pretty fair way to raise tax, If someone buys an item with VAT on it such as a TV, those earning more are more likely to buy a more expensive TV than a poorer family might and therefore the richer customer would pay more tax - how is that unfair (unless its from the point of view of envy)

We are mainly talking about items that there is a personal choice whether to buy or not, just because a poorer person can't afford a luxury item like the latest XBox or PS3 game doesn't mean its going to put them into poverty

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This 20% VAT thing can live with it now but not forever,unless and they never will say 'ok anything under £8 ph is tax free' make working pay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here