Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wembley half empty shocking ???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm surprised they found 50'000 mugs to buy tickets for a meaningless kick-about vs. Sweden in the middle of November.

I can't even be bothered to watch it on telly. What's the point?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i dont think its shocking! remember its a 90000 seater stadium, its the middle of November, its a nothing game, people are thinking of xmas and we are in tough economic times.

and it will be a fairly shit game with no atmosphere

40,000+ would be decent

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
When I heard a few months ago that England were playing Sweden in November I thought the game against Spain had been cancelled.I don't understand why we have arranged 2 home friendlies.

But that being said a crowd of 50,000 for a friendly against Sweden 3 days after a sellout against spain is not bad.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
How much were the tickets does anyone know?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
as shocking as this

Pepsi-Ice-Cucumber.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i think family ticket was £60 (2 adults and 2 kids) but the guy on talk sport said his adult ticket was £45.

Then I'm not in the least bit surprised , fair play to all those who went!!

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Adrian Durham on talkSPORT was trying to blame the low attendance on fans boycotting the game because of John Terry :facepalm: Nothing to do with being few days after we played the world and euro champions, mid-week on a school night in November and against Sweden then!

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
It was a sell out but some people left before kick off due to transport concerns.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Various reasons,nothing game, no real stars playing for England, Sweden are hardly going to bring the punters in either. Alot of those there on Saturday will have been there to see The World and European champions, cost of the tickets and travel to get there oh and also the general apathy towards an England side that dismally underperformed at the world cup. People still won't have forgiven them for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here