Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Southampton think the Amex is shit

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No. from the south end of the east stand all you hear was the saints end. The north stand was barely audible.

Depends where you are in the ground how it sounds.
Those in the north stand will think the north sounds very loud but not from the south. hence why after every game each sets of fans claim the each other was quiet.

I sit level with penalty area of the southern end of east stand and I heard plenty of support from the Brighton fans ....no way did saints outsing us ...even with me sitting so close to tht lot

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I do agree with some of the comments, such as the ends are too small and the empty areas (yet to be filled) but it does have a bright appearance and a contemporary feel. I think it will age well and be improved immensely by the expansion. I don't care if people don't like it. It has to be one of the best modern stadia (of its size) in the world and I for one love going to it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Southampton--St-Marys-Stadium-General-PA_1058411.jpg

6a00d8341c565553ef01543446c6f7970c-800wi

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I have to say, I've never cared less about Southampton, but they really are a very unlikeable bunch.

Probably the quietest person for person away support all season, and just... well... bitter, twisted and arrogant all at the same time.

They really are an unpleasant buch - at least their posters are.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Ours is a magnificent piece of architecture in an area of outstanding beauty, yours is a tin pot Lego ground on a shity industrial estate.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I thought the pictures paint a thousand words. Problem with a ground like St. Marys and the countless others that look like them is (at the time) the builders were given a blank canvas in an area that could easily support a ground. Result ? Easy option flat pack IKEA stadium.

Architecture usually gains from a challenge and the environment within which we were given the opportunity to build one was certainly that. So quite unique in that respect, something that existing grounds tend to suffer from when trying to expand rather than new ones.

I love the new stadium, precisely for the reasons some away fans (after suffering a defeat) are criticising it.

Single tier stadia are horrible and miles away from what Southampton would choose to build now given the opportunity.

Last edited:

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Ours is a magnificent piece of architecture in an area of outstanding beauty, yours is a tin pot Lego ground on a shity industrial estate.

Ours cost £15m and our council gave us the land, and we can walk to the high street and central station in ten minutes.

Yours cost £90m and you had to fight 8 years (with my limited help) the nob-heads who hate anything built within 10 miles of their kid's inheritance. No bars, no life around bring a nice pair of hiking boots to get back to town!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
L
Ours cost £15m and our council gave us the land, and we can walk to the high street and central station in ten minutes.

Yours cost £90m and you had to fight 8 years (with my limited help) the nob-heads who hate anything built within 10 miles of their kid's inheritance. No bars, no life around bring a nice pair of hiking boots to get back to town!

No bars? 6 in the stadium excluding the 1901 and a great place you should visit called the hikers rest. Prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here