Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well. I thought we played bloody well

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that we played quite well and could quite easily have scored 3 or 4 goals. So all is not lost, the season is not over we will suprise one of the top teams again and get an unexpected win.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Apart from that double save at the end which I agree was good what else did he do today?

I'm not going to slate him as he did nothing wrong bit he didn't nothing else well enough to "take a bow".

There was a funny moment in the first half when they had a header which didn't have enough power to get anywhere near the goal line but Kuipers jumped 4ft in the air grabbed the ball & then fell on it and everyone gave him a massive round of applause - I thought they were all taking the piss!!!

Are you joking? Or are you on some kind of mind enhancing drug?

Michel was like an OCTOPUS in goal today. Saved two one on ones, that double save at the end was incredible and made various other saves which were all very well taken. Even his distribution, which I will give you has been pretty poor lately, was spot on today, and his catching from crosses phuenomenal. He had a great game today, even for him:bowdown:

Unfortunately though his defence once again let him down and continued our problem of leaking goals. In Whing and Richards we have two of the worst full backs in the division and I think it's time for change. A serious suggestion here - that lad who came on against Man City, COOK I think his surname was. What happened to him?! Think he may have made one or two bench appearances since and now there's no sign of him? Ridiculous. Give the lad a run out!

Agreeing with Buzzer, the ref ruined the game today. I've never seen a match so poorly officiated in my life. Half the crowd didn't even understand some of the decisions the ref was making, even the blindingly obvious ones which weren't being given. Even I thought the decision to award our penalty was harsh, although we should have had a couple of others so it evened itself out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
looking at it from an outsiders point of view, I thought town played somereally good stuff and wanted to play the ball on the ground, and most of the time, won the middle of the park....which to be honest I thought with that side out there, Brighton would dominate.

From Brightons point of view, that was the best side we could have put out and at times they were very much second best.

Again the rection to the ref was very funny. Yes he was not th best and gave some very odd decisions, however on ethink I would say to people in H block...when screaming obscenities at a linesman for an offside decision, look to your right and see what the reaction is to those in line with the play....9/10 times they wil tell you the lino was right.

Personaly I thought a draw was probably a fair result, however the keeper made a world class save for the penalty and then a bettr one for the follow up. .....oh yes and Kuips caught the ball outside the area certainly once....so I suppose these things even themselves out.

I will say though if Brighton are hoping to stay in this division they ought to be beating teams like Huddersfield at home.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that 3 players for Huddersfield stopped us having a comfortable win as I thought taht generally we were much the better side. Obviously the goalkeeper who had a game that you have once ina lifetime and the 2 central defenders who we couldnt seem to get past. Up front they looked very lightweight and if it wasnt for a bad mistake by Whing would never have scored.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought that 3 players for Huddersfield stopped us having a comfortable win as I thought taht generally we were much the better side. Obviously the goalkeeper who had a game that you have once ina lifetime and the 2 central defenders who we couldnt seem to get past. Up front they looked very lightweight and if it wasnt for a bad mistake by Whing would never have scored.

interesting how people see different games

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
An interesting thread with lots of sensible comments to read on a cold Sunday. Personally I couldn't face any North Stand Crap posts calling for the sacking of Adams, the vilification of the Great Satan (Dick Knight) and the fact that UddersFeeled (who don't play in a big stadium and don't have bigger support than Brighton) had a nerve to turn up and actually win.

I hope we keep the centre back pairing of Elphick and Virgs. It'll work well against a lot of teams in this division.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Could have been 3-1 to the Albion easily and people would be saying we've turned a corner. Unlucky game at a bad time.

I wish that there weren't so many "fans" who seem to relish the side/manager/board doing badly. It's an odd state of affairs.

No idea how some people think we could have scored several - their keeper only had one major save to make that I can remember, while the FDM had to stop a couple of breakaways (one on his own outside his area!) and a few shots on target.

We could have won that....in yer dreams.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Well, we hit the bar twice and we missed a penalty. Wouldn't they be classes as chances? Add to that the half dozen occasions when the ball was pinging around in their area..... I can see how we could have scored three.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No idea how some people think we could have scored several - their keeper only had one major save to make that I can remember, while the FDM had to stop a couple of breakaways (one on his own outside his area!) and a few shots on target.

Simple 2 shots hit the woodwork with the goal keeper beaten plus a penalty which Forster should have scored so to my mind that is 3 without the 4 or 5 excellent saves their keeper made.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Are you joking? Or are you on some kind of mind enhancing drug?

Michel was like an OCTOPUS in goal today. Saved two one on ones, that double save at the end was incredible and made various other saves which were all very well taken. Even his distribution, which I will give you has been pretty poor lately, was spot on today, and his catching from crosses phuenomenal. He had a great game today, even for him:bowdown:

Unfortunately though his defence once again let him down and continued our problem of leaking goals. In Whing and Richards we have two of the worst full backs in the division

I am amazed that this post. I would have thought that even the biggest Kuipers fans would have agreed with me here. He done nothing apart from that double save! A couple of shots that were no more than back passes were dealt with and a couple of crosses were caught well which did suprise me. But to describe him as an octopus is frankly quite ludicrous.

And your opinion or Richo is flabbergasting, he is a very very good player at this level and I hope we pull out all the stops to sign him full time in January.

Simple 2 shots hit the woodwork with the goal keeper beaten plus a penalty which Forster should have scored so to my mind that is 3 without the 4 or 5 excellent saves their keeper made.

Every match has several shots going over the bar, and a couple of our overthebars actually skimmed off the top of the bar - big wooo-hoo, and added to your dreams of a win. Take and compare HTFC's chances (not hitting woodwork, but Kuipers did have saves to make that were at least as dangerous) and they could have won 5-3, according to your logic.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I am amazed that this post. I would have thought that even the biggest Kuipers fans would have agreed with me here. He done nothing apart from that double save! A couple of shots that were no more than back passes were dealt with and a couple of crosses were caught well which did suprise me. But to describe him as an octopus is frankly quite ludicrous.

And your opinion or Richo is flabbergasting, he is a very very good player at this level and I hope we pull out all the stops to sign him full time in January.

He was class, if he hadn't have been in goal we would have lost by more. The one criticism I'd have of him is not going up for the corner at the end.

Richards has been a poor full back. He's been good going forward, but defensively he's come up against very pacey wingers who he's struggled against. As well as that, he tends to play hoof alot. I'm not saying it's down to him all the time because it's not, our anonymous midfield let him and Whingy down, but at times there is a much more simple option than to play long to Forster/Murray but he does it anyway. We won't win games like that.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I agree we did play well. As much as I don't like defeats it's easier to take when the players give it there all and play well like they did yesterday. You only had to look at the players at the end so see that.

Adams was right in his post match saying we will play a lost worse than yesterday and win.

Compaired to Carlisle and Hartlepool yesterday we did actually restore some pride in the shirt.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

the one from muray in the first half that hit the bar, the keeper got a touch to.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Am I the only one (well, me and my mate) who though Huddersfield's goal was offside? I thought that the bloke who scored was either behind Kuipers and only Elphick was on the line?

:shrug:

I haven't seen the replay on ITV.

no he wasnt, I think it was richards who was in line with him...straight in front of us

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

Made several important stops

First half
Got his body behind a Johnson free kick - powerful enough to rebound away for a throw.
Tipped Whing's 30 year thunderbolt round the post.
Pushed Murray's attempt onto the bar.

Second half
Saved penalty.
Saved Johnson's follow up.
Was at full stretch to tip Thornton's corner round the post for a corner.

I don't know where this eulogising of Kuipers is coming from he didn't have a great deal to do, one save in the first was decent after having to adjust his feet at the last moment, another full scale dive was one for the cameras and really only became busy when we were stretched looking for the equaliser. Interestingly he started advancing of his line more after Richards gave him a bollocking in the second half for staying rooted to his line when trying to shepherd the ball back to him which he ended up putting it out for a throw near the corner flag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here