Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well. I thought we played bloody well

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I take on board what you say, CB , but a few weeks ago when we conceded, we just fell apart. Confidence absolutely shot.

Not this time. 1-0 down and 20 minutes to go I reckoned we could have won 3-1 the way that we were attacking. And the players could have EASILY lost their heads with the bizarre refereeing today but they didn't which is to their credit.

It's all about opinions. Not saying mine is right. It's just mine. Nice to see a few people agree with me though that we aren't doomed just yet.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought we were unlucky today. We certainly deserved a point, and had we scored from the penalty then perhaps we could have gone on to win. However it would be hard to say we played really well. I thought both sides huffed and pufed a lot, and neither probably deserved to win. We have played a lot worse than that though for sure.

I totally agree.

I would also add that the ref and the lino in front of the south stand were absolutely shocking. I'm with CB in that I hate blaming refs for results - it is about the team - but that ref completely f****d the game up today, and that really didn't do us any favours at all.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Adams said we "created plenty of chances" but I can't actually think of much we actually created all game? Johnson's free kick was superb, but hardly what I'd call a chance we created, and nor was the penalty, so what DID we create today?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We played quite well in the first half and collapsed when they scored. Great.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
we created one proper chance when murrey clipped the bar first half. that was all. they had about 5 great chances. first half we looked okay but second half was woeful. poor substition didn't help things.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
worrying trend of being on top at HT, then collapsing

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
We created one chance in the first half, then were awful for the first 15 minutes of the second half. Then for the last half an hour Huddersfield invited us on to them and we still only created a couple of clear cut chances. Whoopee doo.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon we played OK and were beaten by a very poor ref and a cruel rub of the green. Murray did a sublinme bit of skill in the first half, made it happen, and hit ther bar. We hit the bar also from that second half FEROCIOUS free-kick (Leeds guy Johnson?). Oh, and the penalty. Random result really:shrug:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I thought we were ok, our passing was good. But we lacked a final ball espically our crosses into the box, where far to deep in and around the penalty area. I thought Bradley Johnson had a complete shocker today, and should of been brought off instead of Joe. Can someone explain why we've signed Fleetwood, if we're going to use him as a winger? When this man can clearly score goals....

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I thought we played well in the first half
The second half Huddersfield had our measure and we weren't able to do anything about it. They had obviously done their homework because they blocked Murray out of the game. We had three good shouts for a penalty and the ref was heavily biased against us.
I thought Anyinsah and Thomson were exceptionally good. Thornton had a day when he tried to play a bit too much pretty football. Unfortunately when the Albion go a goal down they do tend to resort to "hoof and hope". All in all I thought it was a fair performance today.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I thought we played well in the first half
The second half Huddersfield had our measure and we weren't able to do anything about it. They had obviously done their homework because they blocked Murray out of the game. We had three good shouts for a penalty and the ref was heavily biased against us.
I thought Anyinsah and Thomson were exceptionally good. Thornton had a day when he tried to play a bit too much pretty football. Unfortunately when the Albion go a goal down they do tend to resort to "hoof and hope". All in all I thought it was a fair performance today.

Huddersfield should be higher in the table, I haven't seen a team down at Withdean all season who were quick on the break, like Huddersfield today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here