Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Graeme Smith, Gavin Hoyte, Tommy Elphick, Adam Virgo and Adam El Abd

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Slade bought badly

I recall most people on here, including me, were chuffed when he signed Dicker, Tunicliffe, Dickinson, Bennett, etc in the summer.

I don't know why things haven't worked out on the pitch.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I recall most people on here, including me, were chuffed when he signed Dicker, Tunicliffe, Dickinson, Bennett, etc in the summer.

Those 4 are fine. Dickinson got 2 goals today. Bennett wasn't great today, but is definitely a good player. f*** knows why Elphick and Virgo were chosen over Tunny?!?

Whing, El Abd, Virgs, Elphick and Smith haven't had a good afternoon between them in a couple of months... because they're simply not good enough at this level. God knows how they would survive in the Championship.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008

why did you have an opinion at all, had you ever seen any of them play much before? All of the above have floated between OK to just below OK and you dont spend a £Million in the third division and leave a pub side defence. Slade bought badly, the results and performances speak for themselves

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Absolutely, Bennett and Dickinson OUT, they were clearly at fault for our victory today.

turn it in. The defence is a pub side joke. You dont spend a Million in the third division and be drifting around the relegation zone. Slade bought badly

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
turn it in. The defence is a pub side joke. You dont spend a Million in the third division and be drifting around the relegation zone. Slade bought badly

Never mind, at least you get to continue your incessant f***ing whining even when we win.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Never mind, at least you get to continue your incessant f***ing whining even when we win.

It is not whining to say what is good (Tony Bloom and a future) as against what is bad, the defence, PS and the cringeworthy "Brighton... and hove albion", footballers in the marketing department instead of professionals. I have never had a go at white or booker as I have no idea about them. Call it as you see it and if that is whining then so be it. Slade bouht badly hence we are close to relegation after spending a Million. That is not whining its just the way it is. Sorry

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Really? Watching them today was more embarrassing, by a country mile.

Were in the pot for the next draw, we weren't very good, I accept that but ultimately we WON the game.

I shant be posting on this thread anymore anyway, pointless wasting my time arguing with you half wits.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
that has to be the worst i have ever seen. only crofts and bennet come out of it looking okay, iknow dicko got two but he was as poor as the rest of them, why did it take gus the best part of an hour to realise that navarro and mcleod are hopeless, even hoyte has started to look like a hopeless case, as for virgo that is best left alone, but what really got me sitting there getting soaked to the skin was suddenly realising that most of them looked like they couldnt give a shit, being penned back in our own half for long periods of the second half against a poor looking conferance side, for my money its the lowest point of the season so far.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Look Badger does have a very good point. It could have been worded better but I do see what he means. The defence were SHOCKING today.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
It is not whining to say what is good (Tony Bloom and a future) as against what is bad, the defence, PS and the cringeworthy "Brighton... and hove albion", footballers in the marketing department instead of professionals. I have never had a go at white or booker as I have no idea about them. Call it as you see it and if that is whining then so be it. Slade bouht badly hence we are close to relegation after spending a Million. That is not whining its just the way it is. Sorry

Fair enough mate and well put.

Last season Whing was player of the season, the previous year it was Elphick. It doesn't say much about our judgement either does it? Last season Virgo, when he finally played at centre half, looked a really good player and his form late season helped keep us up. Even with FDM in goal we are conceding for fun, so blaming Smith for every goal conceded is harsh.

El Abd doesn't have a left foot, it seems crazy why we don't have a left back on loan to me, but Poyet has had two weeks to sign one and done nothing.

Slade has signed some excellent players Bennett and to a certain extent Crofts, some passable, Dickinson (on form) Dicker, Davies, Navarro and Tunnicliffe, and some (if would appear to date) duffers, Smith, Wright, Thornhill come to mind, but in the third division that is surely always the case.

Ferguson, Mourinho and Wenger have all signed turkeys in their time, but for millions not thousands.

I just don't see it as black and white as you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How many goals has he let in, in 3 or 4 games?

To be fair, his distribution today was very good in the second half.

But unfortunately a keeper that has great distribution but can't stop a back-pass is about as useful as a chocolate ashtray.

Get rid of this amateur!

I'm not sure what to make of Smith. I do feel a bit sorry for him in some respects. I would like to see him with a decent defense in front of him, but I think he's on borrowed time.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Last season Whing was player of the season, the previous year it was Elphick. It doesn't say much about our judgement either does it? Last season Virgo, when he finally played at centre half, looked a really good player and his form late season helped keep us up. Even with FDM in goal we are conceding for fun, so blaming Smith for every goal conceded is harsh.

El Abd doesn't have a left foot, it seems crazy why we don't have a left back on loan to me, but Poyet has had two weeks to sign one and done nothing.

Slade has signed some excellent players Bennett and to a certain extent Crofts, some passable, Dickinson (on form) Dicker, Davies, Navarro and Tunnicliffe, and some (if would appear to date) duffers, Smith, Wright, Thornhill come to mind, but in the third division that is surely always the case.

Ferguson, Mourinho and Wenger have all signed turkeys in their time, but for millions not thousands.

That was remarkably erudite, bhadeb. As if an alter ego had posted using your account.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm not sure what to make of Smith. I do feel a bit sorry for him in some respects. I would like to see him with a decent defense in front of him, but I think he's on borrowed time.

The defence continually cock up and we all blame Smith which is very harsh IMHO.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Were in the pot for the next draw, we weren't very good, I accept that but ultimately we WON the game.

Non-league opposition. Their 2 goals were class. Ours were lucky, at best. It's difficult to say we deserved to win the game. Need I say more?

I shant be posting on this thread anymore anyway, pointless wasting my time arguing with you half wits.

The sound of an argument lost......... oh well.....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Non-league opposition. Their 2 goals were class. Ours were lucky, at best. It's difficult to say we deserved to win the game. Need I say more?

Ok I'm going to bite.. who cares if we deserved to win the game? all that matters to me is that we won and are in the hat for the next round not how we got there as that counts for absolutely NOTHING.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008

good post, I think after the money spent we should not have such a bad defence but thats what football is about - different views.. my classic is i thought Robert codner and dean wilkins were good players but the stick they ot others saw it differently than me ! thumbsup:

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
The defence continually cock up and we all blame Smith which is very harsh IMHO.

to be fair to him after all the stick hes got(most of it justified) he looked a lot better second half with some excellent distribution with his throws(shame about his kicking)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here