Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Crawley....

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Like you, French Mistress, am also a Brightonian and couldn't be more proud. Am also a man of Sussex and watch avidly as all our football clubs in the county progress through early rounds of FA cup and really pleased when they reach first round proper and beyond.
If you are not interested in our country cousins, so be it. However, many of us are.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Crawley can piss off!!

Do Manchester City say well done Utd ?
or Birmingham ?Villa?

your argument......Im from Sussex is crap

I understand the resentment to Crawley especillay from brighton folk, but your argument is not correct, we are not talking about LEAGUE club to LEAGUE club, City frigging hate Utd and rightly so, but I bet your bottom dollar that they both would love to see Stockport survive and Altricham in the league, its not a rival so there is no issue, same as brighton and crawley, they are not rivals and brighton are not going to lose support over Crawleys success, Palace and Millwall may, but not Brighton.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
and on the note of Sussex, I always look out for sides like Horsham, worthing, Eastbourne and even followed Rye last Saturday via the internet in the Vase 1/4 final, I am a Sussex man and like to see SUSSEX sides do well, I live 6 miles from Horley and could not give 2 shits about them as they are not Sussex.

I reckon for broghton folk, its just crawley they dont like, I reckon you all follow Lewes and E/Bourne results, so again your arguments dont stack up. You just all hate crawley!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I couldn't give a f*** about Eastbourne, Lewes, Crawley, Burgess Hill or anyone else. Am I still allowed to think that Crawley can f*** off?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I couldn't give a f*** about Eastbourne, Lewes, Crawley, Burgess Hill or anyone else. Am I still allowed to think that Crawley can f*** off?

You can think what you like, its an open forum...think away, I not sure that one person from Crawley gives a toss what ever anyone thinks of them....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Crawley average a point from their games in hand they'll still walk this league. They are like Rushdon when trhey came up, much more money than other teams but thems the breaks. I hope they make it, it's high time this county had another league team.

The problem with your argument is that they only have much more money than some teams. If it was down to money, Luton would be walking it.........

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Steve Evans is doing a fine job. I'm pleased for them and it will be great to see them in the football league.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, because we ARE SUSSEX BY THE SEA.

So, we look out for:

Crawley, Eastbourne, Lewes, Bognor...................and all the other minows.

We want them all to do well don't we?

By your geographical logic, Man United look out for Man City and Liverpool look out for Everton.

Nonsense. Crawley are not really minnows anymore, that's become apparent to most of us already, and will to everyone else in time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I understand the resentment to Crawley especillay from brighton folk, but your argument is not correct, we are not talking about LEAGUE club to LEAGUE club, City frigging hate Utd and rightly so, but I bet your bottom dollar that they both would love to see Stockport survive and Altricham in the league, its not a rival so there is no issue, same as brighton and crawley, they are not rivals and brighton are not going to lose support over Crawleys success, Palace and Millwall may, but not Brighton.

Do they start threads on their own forums congraluting these teams, and discussing going to watch them OVER watching their own teams?

Do they BOLLOCKS. Crawley don't like us, why should we like them?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I live in "Good Old SUSSEX by the Sea" so support all our sports teams. Perhaps you have not got the same soul for the county.!!!

So if you lived in Lancashire you would support, manchester city, manchester united, liverpool, everton, tranmere, bury, stockport, preston, burnley, blackpool, morecambe, etc etc?

( Warning some of those teams may not actually be in lancashire, but you get me innit)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
So if you lived in Lancashire you would support, manchester city, manchester united, liverpool, everton, tranmere, bury, stockport, preston, burnley, blackpool, morecambe, etc etc?

( Warning some of those teams may not actually be in lancashire, but you get me innit)

I suppose Sussex is unique as there is only one league team, and thats what the point was, not league team to league team as that would not happen and rightly so, its not about supporting them its about seeing a local NON LEAGUE side doing ok, not supporting them...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Do they start threads on their own forums congraluting these teams, and discussing going to watch them OVER watching their own teams?

Do they BOLLOCKS. Crawley don't like us, why should we like them?
Its funny, crawley people get the stick, yet a BRIGHTON fan started the thread, I only comment as a life long Brighton fan who happens to come from Crawley and follow Crawley Town's RESULTS, at the end of the day, You Come from east preston, I bet you have watched them in the past and look out for there results, it just the same here...........when and If Crawley become league members then I understand a lot of comments on here, but currently they are a non threat NON LEAGUE Side.....................

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I couldn't give a shit whether Crawley are in Sussex or whereever, they are a horrible lot, that have gone into administration any number of times, caused local businesses to go out of business, then go about splashing the cash and lauding it up yet again. I hope anyone who they owe money to makes sure they are paid.

More than anything though, I hate their puesdo ManUtd badge, their plagarism of the whole Red Devils iconography and their inability to come up with their own soul as it were. Fact is they haven't got one, and their manager is a complete and utter cretin.

I go and watch Lewes sometimes, lovely little club and ground, great terracing etc. But just because Crawley are in Sussex, endears them to me NOT!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I suppose Sussex is unique as there is only one league team, and thats what the point was, not league team to league team as that would not happen and rightly so, its not about supporting them its about seeing a local NON LEAGUE side doing ok, not supporting them...

When does one stop enjoying seeing a local NON LEAGUE side do well? When they join the league? When they are in League 1? When they play us in the cup?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Crawley can piss off!!

Do Manchester City say well done Utd ?
or Birmingham ?Villa?

your argument......Im from Sussex is crap
Agreed. Crawley are our RIVALS. Noddy, two-bob, second-rate, Scotland-style rivals maybe - but rivals none the less. When we played Stoke, our first appearance in the FA Cup fifth round for twenty five years or so all the bloody local radio could bang on about was Crawley.

Bad year for potential conference champions. If it's not Crawley it might be the whingeing bobblehats.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
The way I see it is that some Manchester United fans go to watch Stockport and Bury once/twice a season when they aren't playing, as I do with Crawley. Crawley aren't a big enough threat to Brighton to be considered rivals and never will be. They're just a local team that I hope do well for themselves.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed. Crawley are our RIVALS. Noddy, two-bob, second-rate, Scotland-style rivals maybe - but rivals none the less. When we played Stoke, our first appearance in the FA Cup fifth round for twenty five years or so all the bloody local radio could bang on about was Crawley.

Bad year for potential conference champions. If it's not Crawley it might be the whingeing bobblehats.

Agreed. It's like England fans supporting Scotland and going to their games just because they're "minnows".

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agreed. It's like England fans supporting Scotland and going to their games just because they're "minnows".

not really. ManUtd don't really have issues with Wigan, Blackburn or Bolton. I just don't like Crawley for reasons stated above. You don't make a team bitter rivals just because they are geographically close. I'm sure many Brighton fans go to watch Crawley or Lewes or whoever when they can't get to a Brighton game. It's called having a passion for football. BUT, Crawley Town FC are a horrible lot end of!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here