Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Crawley....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The problem with your argument is that they only have much more money than some teams. If it was down to money, Luton would be walking it.........

What argument ? Merely a comment. I remember that Rushdon were hated by most Conference teams thanks to their then sugar daddy who eventually couldn't afford the subsidise them anymore, thus they are now back where they started. A lot of teams resent Crawley although Steve Evans is a factor in that I'm sure.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The problem with your argument is that they only have much more money than some teams. If it was down to money, Luton would be walking it.........

What argument ? Merely a comment. I remember that Rushdon were hated by most Conference teams thanks to their then sugar daddy who eventually couldn't afford the subsidise them anymore, thus they are now back where they started. A lot of teams resent Crawley although Steve Evans is a factor in that I'm sure.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Are Luton in the money then? I thought they were still well in the shit, well according to their local paper.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I reckon for broghton folk, its just crawley they dont like, I reckon you all follow Lewes and E/Bourne results, so again your arguments dont stack up. You just all hate crawley!!!

I'm Brighton born and bred but have no truck whatsoever with Crawley. So please don't include me in your hypothesis. I wish them well in the Football League. It's when/if they play Brighton that I will not wish them well.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'm Brighton born and bred but have no truck whatsoever with Crawley. So please don't include me in your hypothesis. I wish them well in the Football League. It's when/if they play Brighton that I will not wish them well.

Many thousands sorries being sent your way....

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I've said from the start of the season. Crawley will win the Blue-Square, but I thought it wouldn't of been this close with AFC Wimbledon and Luton fighting it with them. Could be very interesting when Crawley play AFC Wimbledon this month.......

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

The issue for me Sully is that no one knows where the money is coming from and therefore the owners have not passed the fit and proper persons test. Also, the manager is a complete tool. Nasty piece of work. I'd be well up for all the other Sussex teams doing well, it's not like their rivals, but everything at Crawley stinks.

The issue for me Sully is that no one knows where the money is coming from and therefore the owners have not passed the fit and proper persons test. Also, the manager is a complete tool. Nasty piece of work. I'd be well up for all the other Sussex teams doing well, it's not like their rivals, but everything at Crawley stinks.

The club have met all the FA requirements. It is not compulsory for their financial backers names to be made available to the public. The club is well run, profitable & as a result prosperous. Their manager has an enviable track record (well this season!) & the town is getting behind the club. Good luck to them! A nice club I say.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
More than anything though, I hate their puesdo ManUtd badge, their plagarism of the whole Red Devils iconography and their inability to come up with their own soul as it were. Fact is they haven't got one, and their manager is a complete and utter cretin.

You do know who's been called the Red Devils the longest, don't you?

Clue: It's not the lot from Manchester.

Totally agree regarding their manager though. I just hope he's learnt his lesson and isn't in the process of screwing another club like he did Boston. Unfortunately, he does seem to know what he's up to.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are Luton in the money then? I thought they were still well in the shit, well according to their local paper.

Their wage bill is higher than Crawleys, it seems. I guess they can fund it from their much bigger crowds, so it's not particularly surprising.

Overall being in the shit doesn't mean their cashflow isn't better than virtually every team (possibly all of them) in their division.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Totally agree regarding their manager though. I just hope he's learnt his lesson and isn't in the process of screwing another club like he did Boston. Unfortunately, he does seem to know what he's up to.

I don't think it really matters who were the Red Devils first, at some point in the '90's Crawley decided to base their badge and everything else on ManUtd's. That was my point. I don't think ManUtd were the Red Devils until the mid '50's? I have to admit I wouldn't have a clue when Crawley were first called that, and possibly wouldn't want to know!!

Glad we can agree on Evans though, I've witnessed him at work first hand and he is an utter utter c*ck of a man.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
no no no no! This continued commentary on Crawley can get stuffed. Living in South West London the closest club to me is AFC Wimbledon (walking distance) so gives me an opportunity to go to mid-week games when the Albion aren't playing. They do a mean hot dog and chips as well.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

I'm never amazed at the lack of knowledge shown by some posters. If you don't know don't make bold statements. If unsure there's no lack of information... try google.co.uk (note: there are other search engines).

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I don't think it really matters who were the Red Devils first, at some point in the '90's Crawley decided to base their badge and everything else on ManUtd's. That was my point. I don't think ManUtd were the Red Devils until the mid '50's? I have to admit I wouldn't have a clue when Crawley were first called that, and possibly wouldn't want to know!!

Saw this after my last post. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here