Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done congratulations to Peter Taylor

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Promotion for Hull City in his first season in charge after delivering the championship to Brighton in his only season.

Well done Peter and Hull City.

Legend !.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: yeah

wow what a day to be an ex-albion manager (or a current one)

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
yep...congrats to Peter Taylor. He did a good job here and continues to do a good job at Hull
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Well I hate to disagree, but I don't want to say well done to Peter Taylor.
Heard him on the radio saying it was for the fans who've been fantastic since he's been there.
Heard him say that before, just before he legged it back to a level he's comfortable at.

The only good thing I feel about Hull is that it shows what a nice new stadium will do for a team.

:salute:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
My mate who's a Hull fan reckons Taylor's "going to do exactly the same as he did to Brighton after getting promoted"

What is that? Ask for the cash to help keep us in the higher division and when that is not forthcoming then walk away.

I would imagine that Hull have the money so he will stay.

One thing that irritates me is that Taylor is portrayed as a villain but Mickey Adams is a saint. Don't get me wrong as I think Adams is god but he still walked out on us...And during the season...And to be an assistant manager.

I have no problem with Peter Taylor but if people want to hate him for leaving us then they should also hate Mickey as well...And even more so than Taylor.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He went to be assistant of a premier club knowing that he'd eventually take over the reins.
Taylor just bottled it. It said more about his lack of self belief than the clubs lack of ambition.
He knew the score when he joined, but saw a team ready to push for promotion which would look good on his CV.

Coppell was a better manager than Taylor!

Mickey Adams is a Brighton legend & he still loves the club.

gumbopickles

Jul 10, 2003
brighton
i f***ing hate him! hes the luckiest manager in the leagues. he joined us when when micky had pretty much formed a formidable team that was cruising along at the top of the table, and even i could have been manager and got promotion, we were that confident and so far ahead!he did f*** all at u-21 level of note but the FA love him just cos he made Becks captain. At hull hes had money and they get massive crowds. id love to see him take on a task like managing Scunthorpe and turning them around, no chance, while micky has the Know how and managerial ability to do just that. Taylor left us cos he wouldnt have it easy next season
i think hes a twat! oh and ill tell him that quite gladly

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
My mate who's a Hull fan reckons Taylor's "going to do exactly the same as he did to Brighton after getting promoted"

nah he wont, he has the facilities at hull that brighton do not have. unless its spurs.

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
coach03 said:

There's a growing rumour doing the rounds to that effect.

IMHO he cared less and contributed less to the club than any manager in my memory (I was 3 when Clough was manager and more interested in making sandcastles)
Micky Adams, now there's a legend. The division 2 championship was an opportunity for Taylor to put something good on his CV. Pardew was as responsible for us winning the championship as Taylor was.
If Micky Adams slaved away in the kitchen for hours making a 3 course meal, Peter Taylor would put salt and pepper on it and expect credit for cooking it.

A lot of the team that Micky built is what's got us where we are this season.
Keep the faith

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here