Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Chelsea

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A team written off earlier this season by many have proved the doubters wrong. This win is dedicated to my brother in law Tony Burridge and the other boys killed in the Middlewich helicopter accident back in October 1996.

But they were Champions the previous season. It was much harder to win the cup under the old format than it is today.

No way HT. Easier to get in but not win it.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
How is it a great night for English football when Chavski won without playing any football. This is a team built on a dubious billionaire's dodgy blood money and like Man Shitty winning the premier league sums up all that is wrong with our society and football.

Money rules. It is a kick in the balls for all honest clubs like Bayern Munich which are well run and self substantiated. It will ensure that the clubs with all the money can flout the fair play rules and steal players from everybody else but offering them more money.

Last night was another nail in the coffin for the beautiful game.

Totally agree, best team in Europe ..f*** off they just had the biggest bus

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I couldn't believe the odds for a Chelsea win on pens - 16/1

A few quid in my back pocket thankyouverymuch :)

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
If I had been fortunate enough to see that game, albeit as an Albion fan,I would have been rooting for Chelsea as the English club BUT what an opportunity to fly the Seagulls flag ,so to speak,to what is a huge audience. Good on him I say. Anyone know who he is???

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A fantastic win for Chelsea and for English football, we should all rightly be very proud of the boys in blue.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If I had been fortunate enough to see that game, albeit as an Albion fan,I would have been rooting for Chelsea as the English club BUT what an opportunity to fly the Seagulls flag ,so to speak,to what is a huge audience. Good on him I say. Anyone know who he is???

It's Bushy!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

As an Albion fan I would never be rooting for Chelsea.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I couldn't believe the odds for a Chelsea win on pens - 16/1

A few quid in my back pocket thankyouverymuch :)

How much did you put on it?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not a big fan of either team to be honest, although with the amount of money Roman has invested over the years he deserves it!
Hope Di Matteo, gets at least 12 months as manager after the success he has had. Nice to see a fan do well.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I'm no Chelsea fan but Didier Drogba really deserved to score the winning penalty. What a way to culminate your Chelsea career. And it's great that a London team has finally won the greatest European club tournament in a year that our Capital City is also hosting the Olympic Games.

And, WE BEAT THE GERMANS................

If Drogba decides to leave Stamford Bridge I'd have him at the Albion in a heartbeat - not that he would come.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sorry but I fail to understand why anyone who supports a team then goes along to watch and support another. It makes no sense to me at all!

I don't see whats hard to understand about people being happy to watch and support more than one team, I know loads of people who follow more than one team myself included.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It seems churlish to not be happy for Chelsea, but I'm not. They have really only won this title by being too scared to fully participate in the semi-final and final. They parked the bus (forgivable against barca, but less so against bayern) and made no attempt to seriously engage the opposition. Chelsea's fans have every right to be delighted and to salute the 'dogged' performance of their team, but for neutrals it was disappointing to see such a negative approach rewarded with the ultimate prize.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
It seems churlish to not be happy for Chelsea, but I'm not. They have really only won this title by being too scared to fully participate in the semi-final and final. They parked the bus (forgivable against barca, but less so against bayern) and made no attempt to seriously engage the opposition. Chelsea's fans have every right to be delighted and to salute the 'dogged' performance of their team, but for neutrals it was disappointing to see such a negative approach rewarded with the ultimate prize.

But we won the 2004 playoff semis and finals using EXACTLY that approach.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
But we won the 2004 playoff semis and finals using EXACTLY that approach.

Indeed we did. That's why I don't begrudge Chelsea fans their moment, ultimately they won the cup and can rightfully revel in their success.

My disappointment comes from watching as a neutral, particularly as a team that features the likes of Cech, Cole, Cahill, Lampard and Drogba etc need have no fear of the opposition. How much more fun would it have been to watch Real madrid or Barcelona in the final? Admittedly if either of those two sides could hit a barn door from five yards then we would not be having this discussion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here