Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Cardiff + all the threads laughing at Palace's penalties! (merged)

Jan 12, 2012
that's right mate, that's because palace dont turn up in the first place.. 11000 down selhurst.. well until a club like Brighton or Leeds turn up and so a few more turn up for a mini cup final. Come back when you have won a major trophy like us.

Doing the double over you would be very nice, our 11,000 fans would settle for that im sure.
Enjoy tonight .

Feb 14, 2010
:) Dont worry pal , we will turn up next tuesday . Major trophy ? ok ! In a funny sort of way im glad i've visited tonight , very glad !

Pleased to hear it, its great when big clubs help to fill the ground of smaller ones and give them a pay day.. "..even with two for one, you will never fill selhurst, you'll never fill selhurst..". Put the cash away to pay your debts this time tho', would hate it if St John's Ambulance went short again.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Pleased to hear it, its great when big clubs help to fill the ground of smaller ones and give them a pay day.. "..even with two for one, you will never fill selhurst, you'll never fill selhurst..". Put the cash away to pay your debts this time tho', would hate it if St John's Ambulance went short again.
:DGood effort

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It was a very good game, Cardiff lucky with their goal but that was offset by their hitting the woodwork three times. Cardiff the better side overall but great battle by Palace especially after sending off. Although the sending off was quite right I felt that the ref was looking out for Cardiff more, the nasty tackle on Zaha just before halftime was just one example. Was worth a booking at least.

Over all though, a very good advert for Championship football.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A few positives from last night:

- Zaha, Fat boy Scannell and others who I can't remember being in the shop window
- Palace losing the final windfall money
- Freedman's reserve team tactic against Blackpool not exactly paying off, even in extra time with fresher legs - still what's three league points thrown away when you're heading to Wembley eh?
- Where was Glenn Murray all evening?
- Their league form dipping as a result/general apathy in the squad as the season tails off
- Cardiff's fantastic 'triangle' passing game completely bamboozling Palace who barely strung three passes together all night.

Still you've still got your 'cup final' at the end of this month eh boys?

:thumbsup:

- Zaha, Fat boy Scannell and others who I can't remember being in the shop window
- Freedman's reserve team tactic against Blackpool not exactly paying off, even in extra time with fresher legs - still what's three league points thrown away when you're heading to Wembley eh?
- Their league form dipping as a result/general apathy in the squad as the season tails off
- Cardiff's fantastic 'triangle' passing game completely bamboozling Palace who barely strung three passes together all night.

Agree with most of this, but if I were scouting Zaha or Scannell or any other palace, I'd have spotted that they are paper tigers and more form than function.
Zaha collected the ball every time with a sort-of body language that suggested he was about to skin his marker and be off, but didn't actually move the ball in any way to beat anyone!
My GRAN could nick the ball of zaha just by putting a leg out, he was weak and ineffectual.
Scannell at least had an eye for a lay-off or pass forwards, but so then should any pro player. He was one of their better players.

At Falmer the onus was on us to perform and palace got a lot out of that.
At theirs, the pressure is off our players somewhat.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

They've just played for 120 minutes (and lost) and had a man sent off and therefore suspended - just in time for the big one. I couldn't have asked for more than that. I think the icing on the cake would be to find out that either Scannel or Zaha injured themselves and are ruled out for next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here