Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done brighton

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
HANG ON just one minute, it was practically our reserve team too! Fraser? Livermore? Cook? But they all played their socks off.:bigwave:

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
jo is worth more than our club, alone. and elphick had him in his pocket.

bollocks that the 'reserve' team. you had 6 changes, one of them being michael johnson coming back from injury. the same michael johnson that arsenal are rumoured to be willing to pay 10 million for. ben haim came in, the same ben haim who was at chelsea last year.

lest we forget fraser, livermore, cook, anyinsah and loft all coming in for us and having a beast. as well as us playing a formation which i've never seen us do before.

If you mean Zabaleta alot of players didnt perform last night for what ever reason, did your style of football just bambozle them? was it your players not letting us play? did we just think we just had to turn up to win it? i have no answer :shrug: not that i could see much from the away end :lol: makes a quick note, if we play you again am sitting in the home end LoL

Well said, and it didn't escape notice that your fans were great and comported themselves with aplomb and decorum.
You also have answered with levity and perspective too - Thanks for that.

If I may respectfully just point out one well-trodden cliche that seems pertinent for last night's performances;
It IS the fight in the dog, and not the dog in the fight, that makes the difference between winning and losing.
Money is even LESS than "not everything" - it's actually NOTHING when it comes down to 11 men against 11 men - and you can take that to the bank!

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
jo is worth more than our club, alone. and elphick had him in his pocket.

bollocks that the 'reserve' team. you had 6 changes, one of them being michael johnson coming back from injury. the same michael johnson that arsenal are rumoured to be willing to pay 10 million for. ben haim came in, the same ben haim who was at chelsea last year.

lest we forget fraser, livermore, cook, anyinsah and loft all coming in for us and having a beast. as well as us playing a formation which i've never seen us do before.

Am affraid johnson will only be given a run now against weaker teams and the same with ben haim and even elano or ireland is going to have sit on the bench for petrov when he returns and this is going to get worse for them in jan

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was under the impression Ireland was MoM against Pompey? I thought he was City's best player by a mile.

Thought Jo didn't look up to much- if I didn't know how much City paid for him already I'd be laughing at anyone who said £18 million. But not entirely surprising that an international striker can't be arsed for a cup game against a lower league side. Zabaleta was their worst player for my money, he was dreadful.

And all this "reserve team" crap- hang on, we had no Forster, no Cox, and we started with Doug Loft and Dave Livermore?? Who's really fielding the reserves here?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Jo...1/3 of our total Falmer Stadium Cost (almost)

:gulp:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Am affraid johnson will only be given a run now against weaker teams and the same with ben haim and even elano or ireland is going to have sit on the bench for petrov when he returns and this is going to get worse for them in jan

you may be a city fan, but you're wrong. johnson will either start, or he will go to arsenal/liverpool, i.e. a bigger club :thumbsup: he is your best player bar the silly money buys

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
and as much as everyone loves elano because he's brazilian and has scored a couple of 25 yarders, he isn't that great. wouldn't get in the united/arsenal/chelsea/liverpool team.

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
Well said, and it didn't escape notice that your fans were great and comported themselves with aplomb and decorum.
You also have answered with levity and perspective too - Thanks for that.

If I may respectfully just point out one well-trodden cliche that seems pertinent for last night's performances;
It IS the fight in the dog, and not the dog in the fight, that makes the difference between winning and losing.
Money is even LESS than "not everything" - it's actually NOTHING when it comes down to 11 men against 11 men - and you can take that to the bank!

You make some vaild points sir and you have prob hit the nail on the head your players wanted it and ours thought they had the god given right to progress to the next round with the table difference i hope they get punished today in training.....dunne....move your fat lazy a** you **** :angry: or something like that :lol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There is no such thing as a reserve team in the premier league any more. They have First Team Squads and rotation. They all change the starting XI around based on what they think they need to counter the skills and weaknesses of the opposition.

Make no mistake - this was a legitimate Man City XI picked from their First Team squad.

The only time you get genuinely weakened XI's from Prem sides now is when - like Arsenal - they are playing a fair number of their Youth Team. These are guys who are not in the First Team Squad week in, week out.

Finally, to be fair to Robinho10 and for those who haven't read the whole thread - he did earlier concede that the "reserves" comment was a bit off the mark.

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
you may be a city fan, but you're wrong. johnson will either start, or he will go to arsenal/liverpool, i.e. a bigger club :thumbsup: he is your best player bar the silly money buys

I disagree the way ireland is playing elano and johnson wont get a look in but he will be good cover as for players better than him we have wright-phillips,richards,petrov,robinho,elano to name acouple who are better than johnson

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
I disagree the way ireland is playing elano and johnson wont get a look in but he will be good cover as for players better than him we have wright-phillips,richards,petrov,robinho,elano to name acouple who are better than johnson

yes, but of those players, how many play centre midfield, which is johnson's position.. one? elano. and he is different type of centre midfielder. johnson hardly competes with wright-phillips, petrov, richards and robinho for a place in the team as they're all completely different positions. johnson will go onto much better things than manchester city.

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
yes, but of those players, how many play centre midfield, which is johnson's position.. one? elano. and he is different type of centre midfielder. johnson hardly competes with wright-phillips, petrov, richards and robinho for a place in the team as they're all completely different positions. johnson will go onto much better things than manchester city.

For me the central midfield is kompany and ireland so johnson is going to have to fight it out with elano but am sure he will get game time in a rotation kind of way

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
For me the central midfield is kompany and ireland so johnson is going to have to fight it out with elano but am sure he will get game time in a rotation kind of way

kompany didn't look all that great though last night, to be fair. i thought he would play at centre half? he just ran around all night not quite knowing where he was kicking out at our players, shoving them and pulling shirts.

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
kompany didn't look all that great though last night, to be fair. i thought he would play at centre half? he just ran around all night not quite knowing where he was kicking out at our players, shoving them and pulling shirts.

He had a really bad game last night for some reason hes been great in every other game hes played for us and yes he can play CB too but we use him to hold the midfield well the rest get forward hes had a great start there for us apart from last night i just hope its a little hic up if we play like that in europe its game over :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here