Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done brighton

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
Can we just dispense with the 'it was the reserves' stuff please? Unlike Stoke/Sunderland, City out out a very good side, including six of those who played against Pompey, and of the others there were people like Michael Johnson involved. It was a very strong side, cost £50-60million, featuring a few first-team squad fringe players.

You're right about Jo, though. He was bobbins.

As i said you played very well i didnt mean to cause any offence you where the better team :bowdown:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Schmeichel, Zabaleta, Dunne, Ben-Haim, Michael Ball, Kompany, Ireland, Johnson (Elano 102), Gelson, Sturridge (Evans 60), Jo

This is not a reserve side fella......it may be lacking 3 or 4 star names Robinho, SWP, Micah Richards maybe, but players like Ben Haim, and Johnson returning from injury cannot be classed as reserve team players.

Oh yes and by the way as stated our best forward,winger and centre half were rested/missing last night..

But thanks for the congratulations anyway :p

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
Schmeichel, Zabaleta, Dunne, Ben-Haim, Michael Ball, Kompany, Ireland, Johnson (Elano 102), Gelson, Sturridge (Evans 60), Jo

This is not a reserve side fella......it may be lacking 3 or 4 star names Robinho, SWP, Micah Richards maybe, but players like Ben Haim, and Johnson returning from injury cannot be classed as reserve team players.

But thanks for the congratulations anyway :p

Schmeichel,ben-haim,ball,johnson,gelson,sturridge,evan and maybe even ireland when petrov is fit are not in the starting 11 and after lasts nights display i can see why

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
hardly the reserve team there were only 5 changes made from the team that won 6-0 the weekend and two of those were through injury! well deserved win!

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
hardly the reserve team there were only 5 changes made from the team that won 6-0 the weekend and two of those were through injury! well deserved win!

It was well deserved but this is our team

-------------Jo--------------------

-----------------Robinho-----------

Petrov---Elano---Kompany-------Swp

Garrido---Dunne---Richards---Zabaleta

---------------Hart-----------------

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
as am sure your aware that was mostly our reserve team last night

Below is your FIRST TEAM squad against Portsmouth at the w/e.

The players in bold played against us, and the ones with an * were on the bench.

It's not like you put out a bunch of kids or trialists!!

Hart*
Garrido*
Dunne
Richards
Zabaleta
Kompany
Wright-Phillips
Ireland
Elano
Robinho
Jo

Schmeichel
Fernandes
Sturridge
Evans
Ball
Hamann*
Ben Haim

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
Below is your FIRST TEAM squad against Portsmouth at the w/e.

The players in bold played against us, and the ones with an * were on the bench.

It's not like you put out a bunch of kids or trialists!!

Hart*
Garrido*
Dunne
Richards
Zabaleta
Kompany
Wright-Phillips
Ireland
Elano
Robinho
Jo

Schmeichel
Fernandes
Sturridge
Evans
Ball
Hamann*
Ben Haim

No you played very very well and beat a team that would beat most championship teams and lower PML sides hats off to you this shows what your side can do so build from it ;)

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤;2599676 said:
Tell ya what though, that Stephen Ireland is a class act - best player on the field by a million miles.

I dont think he will get a game when petrov returns on less elano gets dropped for him

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Tell ya what though, that Stephen Ireland is a class act - best player on the field by a million miles.

Ireland looked a threat everytime he was on the ball.
That Kompany fella on the other hand seemed like a right f***ing twat.

If that was Jo playing badly then he must be amazing on form, thought he was a constant threat and most likely to score. Sorry to come over all starry-eyed but he was a joy to watch.

Shame Tommy Elphick had him in his back pocket mind :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, you were shit last night, what I quite like is how the game highlighted the gulf between teams like you and the big four- Arsenal's kids managed to spank a good sheffield United side on tuesday, and yet your 'reserve' side couldn't even compete with us- brilliant.

you're light years away from getting near the top four the Carling cup was your one and only chance of a trophy- and you f***ed it up- your season's over mate.

Ours however, has only just begun......

"Couldn't compete with us"??
Let's maintain a tad of honesty here mate - the game DID go into extra time and penalties did it not?
Their reserve side did compete, and gave our somewhat-injury-hit side a reasonable run for the money.
Let's NOT belittle Man City too much now, if we are going to savour any kind of victory;
They were a decent side, but got shaded by a very good Brighton performance, determined and exhibiting talent that belies our league position.
The Albion showed what they are, actually, capable of when they put their heart into it.

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
Ireland looked a threat everytime he was on the ball.
That Kompany fella on the other hand seemed like a right f***ing twat.

Kompany normaly plays very well and holds our midfield well for the rest to get forward am lost for words trying to explain last night performance its like we thought we only had to turn upto win it :shrug:

I think it was Leeds - but the Carling Cup soon slips from my memory.

Still swilling around in League 1? - 23 years old man, 23 years.

Well done btw. My only thought was that it was only Man C - admittedly a 'new' Man C. Didn't you spend the 80s playing, and quite often beating City, much as we did.

Beating a club isn't the same as beating a team.

Say palace brought in a whole new squad, made up entirely of Brighton players - they might actually suddenly become a good team!

Robinho10

Sep 25, 2008
If that was Jo playing badly then he must be amazing on form, thought he was a constant threat and most likely to score. Sorry to come over all starry-eyed but he was a joy to watch.

Shame Tommy Elphick had him in his back pocket mind :thumbsup:

He was marked very well and maybe thats why Jo couldnt get into top gear i think he missed robinho and swp too they all link up very well as portsmouth found out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here