Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Home office admit its costing 5 MILLION A DAY not £1.2 housing asylum shopping economic migrant scroungers ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/priti-pa...-day-on-hotel-bills-for-asylum-seekers/219425

Regards
DF

If the GB news article is correct then the cost to keep a " hard working refugee " in a Hotel for one year is only just over £45,000 .
Small change of course but wouldn't it be wiser for the government to be investing in a house building programme to accommodate these people .
Perhaps they are and I have missed that particular news item ?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
If the GB news article is correct then the cost to keep a " hard working refugee " in a Hotel for one year is only just over £45,000 .
Small change of course but wouldn't it be wiser for the government to be investing in a house building programme to accommodate these people .

Will you be investing in such a programme and going out and building the accommodation?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

No, 25% of the Tories funding comes from landlords so they are in hock to ensure there isn't enough housing so rents remain high and their donors get richer

[tweet]1197493538717675526[/tweet]

Jan 30, 2008

Yet the usual suspects don't seem to have a issue with this and the more that arrive the higher the cost

It really is getting totally out of control now, a majority of men arriving with no ID poncing off the tax payer while the taxpayer is expected to pay increased energy bills mortgage rates and NI contributions .

When the immigration bill gets passed we have to start seeing people being deported in large numbers I think the General public have had enough and expect that to happen .

Regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Yes it would.....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The tax rises are to cover the vast gap in public funding created by PPE fraud and ViP lanes. Perpetrated by the Tory government. It has nothing whatsoever to do with asylum seekers.
The oldest lie in the Tyrant’s handbook. Blame it on the foreigners. Shame.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The tax rises are to cover the vast gap in public funding created by PPE fraud and ViP lanes. Perpetrated by the Tory government. It has nothing whatsoever to do with asylum seekers.
The oldest lie in the Tyrant’s handbook. Blame it on the foreigners. Shame.

If this article is anything to go by it doesn't looks as if the Tory government is treating these hard working people as well as they have a right to expect .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-STOP-giving-free-toiletries-medication.html

The letter, addressed from the Afghanistan Resettlement Arrivals Project at the Home Office, reads: 'Until now, in addition to your Universal Credit payments and the accommodation and meals provided in the bridging hotels, we have also provided some additional items.

'I am writing to inform you that from 11 February we will no longer provide those additional items and you will need to purchase these for yourself using your Universal Credit payments.'

It states the asylum seekers will continue to receive 'main meals', including 'baby food and baby milk' but will no longer receive 'complimentary snacks, toiletries (aside from basic toiletries) or over the counter medication'.

The letter also says that asylum seekers will need to pay their own transport or taxi fares to appointments.

Mr Seddeqi has been staying in a hotel for almost six months after he was evacuated to the UK from Afghanistan in August last year with his wife and son.

Speaking via an interpreter he said: 'When we see this kind of reaction and decision from (the) Home Office, it means 'from onward we don't care about you and we are not concerned about you - you need to manage everything by yourself.'

Mr Seddeqi is staying at a hotel in Watford with his family which he described as 'not very clean.'

He said: 'I'm not very satisfied at all living at this hotel, the hotel is not very clean, firstly... secondly, the food they are giving us is not good.'

The 30-year-old said that he knows others staying at the hotel who also received the letter.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If this article is anything to go by it doesn't looks as if the Tory government is treating these hard working people as well as they have a right to expect .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-STOP-giving-free-toiletries-medication.html

The letter, addressed from the Afghanistan Resettlement Arrivals Project at the Home Office, reads: 'Until now, in addition to your Universal Credit payments and the accommodation and meals provided in the bridging hotels, we have also provided some additional items.

'I am writing to inform you that from 11 February we will no longer provide those additional items and you will need to purchase these for yourself using your Universal Credit payments.'

It states the asylum seekers will continue to receive 'main meals', including 'baby food and baby milk' but will no longer receive 'complimentary snacks, toiletries (aside from basic toiletries) or over the counter medication'.

The letter also says that asylum seekers will need to pay their own transport or taxi fares to appointments.

Mr Seddeqi has been staying in a hotel for almost six months after he was evacuated to the UK from Afghanistan in August last year with his wife and son.

Speaking via an interpreter he said: 'When we see this kind of reaction and decision from (the) Home Office, it means 'from onward we don't care about you and we are not concerned about you - you need to manage everything by yourself.'

Mr Seddeqi is staying at a hotel in Watford with his family which he described as 'not very clean.'

He said: 'I'm not very satisfied at all living at this hotel, the hotel is not very clean, firstly... secondly, the food they are giving us is not good.'

The 30-year-old said that he knows others staying at the hotel who also received the letter.

The Tory government doesn’t treat anyone as well as they have a right to expect.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They haven't done me any harm so far

They have lied to the entire British public. If you don’t believe they have, they’ve done you more harm than you realise.

How do you know their gatherings didn’t contribute to the deaths of many people? Maybe some you know. Maybe many you don’t. Or is it just about you?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
They haven't done me any harm so far

This government took away your freedom of movement, weakened your right to protest, increased your national insurance so gave you the biggest tax burden for more than 70 years, inflation and national debt increased to record levels. made a pigs ear of Brexit, You, your kids and their kids will be paying for the mistakes of this govenrment for generations. In fact, one of the things that grinds your gears, based on what you post, is the immigration issue which they have made several times worse.

So seems to me like they've done you quite a bit of harm - have you been cocooned for the last 2 years?

Jan 30, 2008
This government took away your freedom of movement, weakened your right to protest, increased your national insurance so gave you the biggest tax burden for more than 70 years, inflation and national debt increased to record levels. made a pigs ear of Brexit, You, your kids and their kids will be paying for the mistakes of this govenrment for generations. In fact, one of the things that grinds your gears, based on what you post, is the immigration issue which they have made several times worse.

So seems to me like they've done you quite a bit of harm - have you been cocooned for the last 2 years?

What freedom of movement have you lost do you suffer from a disability?

Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here