Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
None of that answers any of the questions nor contributes to the discussion.

No substance.

Welcome to the debate... I hope PpF appreciates your intervention.

What substance can you offer on the subject? Do you have an acceptable figure on the migration issue?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
You sound like Sir Fence. Answer the question.

You can't have an arbitary number and then set a limit, it doesn't work like that. You can't control how many refugees there are in the world but the rest of the developed world must do it's fair share to maintain world peace and stability. It doesn't say anywhere in the refugee convention that we can impose limits, we must offer sanctuary to all those which seek it.

Jan 30, 2008
how do these immigrants effect your life?

The fact that I have to pay towards people making illegal crossings of the English channel and who have contributed sweet fa into this country and who get fast tracked to public services gets right up my nose , how many are you prepared to put up and how many more should we accept ?go on be a devil let us know !

Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
You can't have an arbitary number and then set a limit, it doesn't work like that. You can't control how many refugees there are in the world but the rest of the developed world must do it's fair share to maintain world peace and stability. It doesn't say anywhere in the refugee convention that we can impose limits, we must offer sanctuary to all those which seek it.

Yes you can with those that arrive through official channels, you're just giving the Green light to uncontrolled unlimited illegal crossings of the English channel FFS:facepalm:

Regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
What truly amazes me is this ridiculous, redundant attempt to reduce compassion to numbers.

The logistics of reducing Channel crossings, how we deal with survivors etc is complex and no doubt amongst the many desperate there are those that should be returned but also those that for the simple sake of humanity we should help... but to put a figure on it? It is just cynical.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
The fact that I have to pay towards people making illegal crossings of the English channel and who have contributed sweet fa into this country and who get fast tracked to public services gets right up my nose , how many are you prepared to put up and how many more should we accept ?go on be a devil let us know !

Regards
DF

but there are many examples of government waste that doesn't seem to bother you, most notably 37bn on test and trace, and when brazen government corruption is pointed out, you don't get angry about that. a drop in the ocean

Always amazes me the same voices who complain about public services being strained when it comes to foreigners are the same who vote for austerity.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
probably , just like a prison guard or a member of the constabulary.......you know ....a normal person with a decent job...!

I am not sure what you define as 'normal' and 'decent' but certainly it would be a challenging job.......

The prison guard or constabulary simile seems quite appropriate but I don't have first hand experience of the role so can't really comment on that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I am not sure what you define as 'normal' and 'decent' but certainly it would be a challenging job.......

The prison guard or constabulary simile seems quite appropriate but I don't have first hand experience of the role so can't really comment on that.

all the prison guards i know are sound lads , bloody awful job but pays very well and early retirement and good pension ......coppers ..?? i don't know any ....they were weird enough before but this covid bollox has changed the ground rules. they are dropping out like flies over here due to mandatory jabs and basic unease as to the direction things are headed....very odd times.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
but there are many examples of government waste that doesn't seem to bother you, most notably 37bn on test and trace, and when brazen government corruption is pointed out, you don't get angry about that. a drop in the ocean

Always amazes me the same voices who complain about public services being strained when it comes to foreigners are the same who vote for austerity.

I think it's because they don't give two shits about poor and under-privileged people here either.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Yes you can with those that arrive through official channels, you're just giving the Green light to uncontrolled unlimited illegal crossings of the English channel FFS:facepalm:

Regards
DF

The problem is that if you make just about every possible way of getting to the country “illegal”, then people are forced to take desperate measures. The government could resolve the issue at a stroke by having a humane
system for seeking asylum.

Jan 30, 2008
The prob

lem is that if you make just about every possible way of getting to the country “illegal”, then people are forced to take desperate measures. The government could resolve the issue at a stroke by having a humane
system for seeking asylum.

Yes ,let them make their asylum case in another country

Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here