Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome to the REMF Brighton Marathon 2012 Team - Please Support

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Welcome to the REMF Brighton Marathon 2012 Team. These guys will be putting in hard graft over the next 7 months in preparation of running the same distance as Brighton to Gatwick Airport. 26.2 miles of hell. We have a great team, a lot from NSC and others raising money for the REMF and its continued good work.

I am co ordinating the team and will be giving updates on this thread.

On the day I will be asking for people to come and cheer them on in their REMF T Shirts at strategic points and the finishing line.

The runners will use this thread to link their just giving pages.

I have set a minimum target of £ 5000 for the team but will be going for a goal of £ 10000.

Please help.

Please raise your hands for.

Lee Burberry
Terry Hilder
Richard Morris
Ali Jenkins
Tim Hodges
Charlie Stephenson
Neil Kane
Peter Perrin
Simon Saryazdi

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good luck Lee.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The jury is out. I did not want to commit and cost a place if I was not realistically going to be able to do it.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Good man for trying. I would say, you would do more good for the team organising them anyway. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You made bold claims about running the marathon before GG and, unless I'm mistaken, you didn't even manage a single training run. Thus, given your somewhat limited experience, what exactly are you co-ordinating?

Also, Tim Hodges? Are you sure? Surely you want popular people who might attract sponsorship.

And, before you dismiss the above as destructive, can I offer the following as things for you to do...

- REMF Marathon team twitter account
- REMF Marathon team Facebook page
- REMF Marathon blog, ideally as a component of the main page
- Specific REMF Marathon team Just Giving page

...all of the above to be used to cross-promote the effort and detail training progression, show photos of the guys out on the road etc. Basically, generating as much publicity as you can.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
After some big changes in my life, I've been thinking about doing this. Does anyone know if there's a site that lists charities that still have places? The Brighton Marathon site lists all of the charities, but not whether they still have places available. Of course, I could just take a look and see if there's a handful I'd like to run for and contact them directly, but a list would be easier!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Good luck guys, all the best would love to run a marathon but would die after about 100meters

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
After some big changes in my life, I've been thinking about doing this. Does anyone know if there's a site that lists charities that still have places? The Brighton Marathon site lists all of the charities, but not whether they still have places available. Of course, I could just take a look and see if there's a handful I'd like to run for and contact them directly, but a list would be easier!

I know a coordinator for CRY but im not overly sure if there entering people.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've run a couple of marathons including Brighton 2010, and have never known of a list of available places. Normally, you can pop into a charity shop and ask, or buy a running magazine where available places are advertised. This is what I will be doing in January IF I decide to run Brighton 2012. The Brighton marathon is absolutely superb - just the right number of entrants, very spectator friendly and excellently organised. In all honesty, London is the one you ought to try above all others if you are English and new to it, but after that I'd go with Brighton every single time.

On another related note, what is the point of having an REMF forum if even REMF Royalty are just going to ignore it?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
You made bold claims about running the marathon before GG and, unless I'm mistaken, you didn't even manage a single training run. Thus, given your somewhat limited experience, what exactly are you co-ordinating?

Also, Tim Hodges? Are you sure? Surely you want popular people who might attract sponsorship.

And, before you dismiss the above as destructive, can I offer the following as things for you to do...

...all of the above to be used to cross-promote the effort and detail training progression, show photos of the guys out on the road etc. Basically, generating as much publicity as you can.

Having been part of the Bike To The Future event, I can agree with all of this. As many twitter and Facebook mentions as possible is incredibly useful. It really will aid in bringing in donations from from far and wide.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Out of interest, US, what made you think you wouldn't be able to do it? Injury?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Out of interest, US, what made you think you wouldn't be able to do it? Injury?

Common Sense. Its just not going to happen is it ?. I think I would probably die so I am best being the co ordinator and cheerleader I feel.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I've done quite a lot so far Bozza like get a fit and raring to go team who have committed to me £ 5000 as a minimum target. This is just the start and thanks for the suggestions.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Common Sense. Its just not going to happen is it ?./

There is no harm in TRYING tho surely? Why throw the towel in before you have even given it a go? That sounds something that Homer Simpson would say.

And I mean a proper go. Not just a jog round the block.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is no harm in TRYING tho surely? Why throw the towel in before you have even given it a go? That sounds something that Homer Simpson would say.

And I mean a proper go. Not just a jog round the block.

This is easily said though. This needs a huge time commitment, that somebody with a busy career and social life will find very difficult.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here