Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome to the REMF Brighton Marathon 2012 Team - Please Support

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Brighton marathon is absolutely superb - just the right number of entrants, very spectator friendly and excellently organised.

Also, Brighton got IAAF status this week. The only other UK marathon with this status is London.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Common Sense. Its just not going to happen is it ?.

Why not? Is there a physical impediment preventing you from attempting the race? If so fair enough. If not do it. I know a number of people who will never do another marathon. I do not know a single person who regrets running one though. It's the 10th anniversary of REMF as well. The perfect time?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Also, Brighton got IAAF status this week. The only other UK marathon with this status is London.
Indeed. I don't understand why Edinburgh hasn't got IAAF status. The only others are London marathon and the Great North and South runs (both half marathons)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Truly inspirational. The team will benefit tremendously from your leadership, I'm sure.

Darren if the team fail to raise 5k have a pop my leadership but until then please be supportive. My running is not integral to this and I would not take up a space at the moment.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Darren if the team fail to raise 5k have a pop my leadership but until then please be supportive. My running is not integral to this and I would not take up a space at the moment.

Ignore the snide digs Gareth. (Just as anyone who's got off their arses to do something for REMF should ignore the pop at REMF Royalty.) You're slightly suffering from having bigged up your enthusiasm for getting into shape last time. You've held your hands up - now lets move on.

crowboro eagle

Oct 6, 2011
All support is greatly appreciated. Really looking forward to running for the team. (not looking forward to wearing a Brighton shirt though) :facepalm:

justgiving.com/mark-bushell

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Anybody started their training runs yet then? Think we should also update this thread with how many miles we managed to use as some kind of motivation. I managed 0 miles this weekend.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Anybody started their training runs yet then? Think we should also update this thread with how many miles we managed to use as some kind of motivation. I managed 0 miles this weekend.

5 miles yesterday in the wind and rain. I will just keep ticking over for the next few weeks as my marathon schedule does not start until after Christmas. I will probably do Derwentwater 10 mile race next month.

crowboro eagle

Oct 6, 2011
I managed 6 miles last week. Played Football yesterday so still aching a bit from that, but will prob make 3 miles tomorrow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here