Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome back London Irish!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
dougdeep said:
It didn't matter if it was the truth or bullshit, it sparked discussion. So much better that the "Would You?" type of thread we seem to get so much of these days.

But anytime he posted it would always start well and then descend into a myriad of bullshit as he lied and condescended to people causing their behaviour to descend with his argument.

I still maintain if people want more of those sort of discussions then why don't they start the threads. If I had been to more games year I would happily have started them. Still heres to next season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Les Biehn said:
It just stuns me that people like Lokki and Doug, who I generally regard as two of the more intelligent posters on here, were unable to see the disengenuous bullshit that guy would slip into his posts, masquerading it as the truth.

He always struck me as like one of those old Melody Maker journalists who would write five thousand words interpreting Van Morrison's 'Astral Weeks' as the deepest, most intellectual work by a contemporary artist in the history of the Western World, or subscribing fully to the 'Eric [Clapton] Is God' school of thought. Total nonsense of course, but an entertaining enough read. Which is why we subscribe to NSC and Popbitch in the first place.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lokki 7 said:
Maybe we did see it for what it was but enjoyed it, and the response it got. As I said, he made the board more interesting. Unlike some, I do not take internet message boards too seriously.
I don't but he got right on my tits (mind you I think I got on his pretty badly too). It annoyed me that you could go in with the best intentions and he would lie and bully, never accepting anyone elses opinion.

If he was such an innocent why did he modify his behaviour so much? I mean at least I could admire him if he followed through but he would f*** off if he was losing an argument or arse lick people who didn't have a pop at him if he had done something to f*** off others and was getting shit for it.

Last edited:

Les Biehn said:

If he was such an innocent...

I never said he was. I think you've missed my point. I couldn't care less if he lied, or knew piss all about football tactics, his debates were often thought provoking and sometimes entertaining.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
For all the sparring sessions I had with London Irish over things like McGhee and racism I never had a problem with the fella, He had his oppinions just like everybody else. I'm sure we're all guilty of posting things that other posters dont like but thats the beauty of message boards, It's all about opinions.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Les Biehn said:
I don't but he got right on my tits (mind you I think I got on his pretty badly too). It annoyed me that you could go in with the best intentions and he would lie and bully, never accepting anyone elses opinion.

If he was such an innocent why did he modify his behaviour so much? I mean at least I could admire him if he followed through but he would f*** off if he was losing an argument or arse lick people who didn't have a pop at him if he had done something to f*** off others and was getting shit for it.

There's a distinct difference between accepting the opinions of others (which I think LI did) and just plain thinking them wrong (which LI did a lot of). If anyone on here has a problem with someone rigidly disagreeing with them then that's their problem and a message board is probably not the best place for them to hang out.

If anyone can produce examples of LI lying and bullying then I'd be really interested to see it. Most of the time the complaints just came from people who didn't like being told they were wrong (regardless of whether they were or not).

Like THPP says, even if you disagreed with him he was always great to read and made the board a much more interesting place for anyone who like me isn't that interested in the dates of other posters or who said what on MSN.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought he was pretty ok until he started bullying Kev the Ape, which I thought was well out of order.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
This board needs a bucket of cold water thrown over it most of the time, and he always provided it.:clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Well I obviously missed something then. Struck me as a nasty piece of work.

I will just start posting highly contentious bullshit, lying and generally talking to people like shit. Seems thats all you need to do to gain respect on here.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Les Biehn said:
I will just start posting highly contentious bullshit, lying and generally talking to people like shit. Seems thats all you need to do to gain respect on here.

Jealousy is the route of all evil Les.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have to agree with Les... LI's arrogance and ignorance came through in spades as he made post after indefencible post... good fcuking riddance...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
British Bulldog said:
Jealousy is the route of all evil Les.

Jealousy or frustration. I suppose its up to you to draw your own assumptions.

I'm fully aware that I'm seen as a f*** about on here and can understand it. However if someone starts a football debate on here I am always willing to offer a constructive well thought out view which LI never respected despite demanding it from everyone else.

Uncle Buck and myself never agree on football matters but as far as I can tell have never had an argument because we are always willing to read each others post and respect the fact that the other person is having a reasonable debate. LI did modify his behaviour but people seem to forgot what an unbareable arse he was about 6 months before he stopped posting.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Les, you're getting yourself all worked up again....

Are you twitching like Chief Inspector Dreyfus in the Pink Panther films, when he realises that Inspector Clouseau is back....????

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Les Biehn said:

I'm fully aware that I'm seen as a f*** about on here and can understand it. However if someone starts a football debate on here I am always willing to offer a constructive well thought out view which LI never respected despite demanding it from everyone else.

Uncle Buck and myself never agree on football matters but as far as I can tell have never had an argument because we are always willing to read each others post and respect the fact that the other person is having a reasonable debate. LI did modify his behaviour but people seem to forgot what an unbareable arse he was about 6 months before he stopped posting.

Reading through your post Les I think your wound up because he probably owned you and you dont like it because you cant fight back now! Given the choice I think you'd like him back now to try and get one up on him!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
:lolol:Probably. I'm not very good when someones a **** and no one else can see it. Mind you this suggests it may just be me.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Les Biehn said:

You can have your avatar back. I`m finished with it.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really miss LI and his decisive knowledge, where are your facts - Rotherham will not be relegated :lolol: :lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Oh fantastic. Could the last couple of weeks get any worse for me :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here